Physical play on offense (1 Viewer)

TCUDan

Cutting the lead blocker
Staff member
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On the screen pass to Pierre Thomas that went for 34 yards, watch the blocking out in front if you want a real treat. Particularly Nicks blocking Bart Scott downfield. He drives Scott all the way down the field right into Johnathon Goodwin, who absolutely stonewalls him and the another defender (couldn't see the number) who he had already engaged.

The effort and intensity of the O-line on really exemplifies the transformation of this team from an attitude and identity standpoint. It's not just the defense that's playing smash-mouth football.

It seems that Nicks had made a big difference. I saw Nicks's savage block as well but didn't realize how far off he drove Bart Scott. I can't help thinking that a giant like Strief at LT helps as well. That said, here's hoping Bushrod can play against the Giants. I think these o-linemen are enjoying the new running game approach.

Of course, it helps when Nicks 340ish lbs is blocking Scott 245ish...haha.

I think these o-linemen are enjoying the new running game approach.

All the old football players say O linemen love the running game. It gives them a chance to beat up some people and assert their will.

The Jet front 7 is anchored by Kris Jenkins, all 6'6", 360 lbs of him (give or take an inch or 2, and/or a roast or 2). In the Tenn game, he lived in the backfield. Our O line did a really good job in containing him. Nicks and Goodwin played a big part in that.

Ive been a huge Nicks fan since we drafted him. He was a concensus 1-2 rd draft pick that fell to us in the 5th rd! SP put the icing on the cake when he moved the 6'4", 345 lb LT out of Nebraska to G! BTW, did I mention he has a helluva mean streak???

What you end up with is a monster of a man at the guard position who has the hands, footwork, and speed of a LT, who can get 20-25 yds downfield and take out a quicker D player!

You also end up with one that, in the trenches, can hold his own against one of the stoutest NTs in the entire NFL! :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom