PI penalty hacks.... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
On the killer PI vs Janoris, I’ve noticed a trend.
Receivers are getting very shrewd....and getting very good at drawing the flag.

It happened on this play.

If the receiver has even an inch on the CB.....when the ball is in the air.....he plants his trail arm back into the CB. Just hangs it there.

In real speed,it looks exactly like the CB is pulling his arm, when he reality he’s just placed it there.

Now as a CB, you are sprinting, playing the WR, and you have his arm back across your midsection.

It’s not a push off by the WR, because he’s not pushing. Just hanging his arm in your chest.

To move his arm, the CB really looks like he’s pulling it. To not move it, it still looks like it’s being pulled.

Watch the play again and you will see. The WR initiated the arm, not Janoris.

Last edited:
Yup and unfortunately we have no clue how to do this on offense and now don't even have the opportunity to haha. Our DBs could benefit from keeping their hands to the side and not hand fighting. Seems like any hand fight goes down as a flag vs us.

Yup and unfortunately we have no clue how to do this on offense and now don't even have the opportunity to haha. Our DBs could benefit from keeping their hands to the side and not hand fighting. Seems like any hand fight goes down as a flag vs us.
Lol, I am just picturing our DB's running with their hands at their sides. Not sure how you would even do that, but I bet it would look comical.

i thought this was going to be about my pet peeve - i think in house audio technicians should be forbidden to use crowd noise to try to coax a flag
one of the things i was looking forward to about no crowds is having refs calls be more neutral
but if techs are pumping in disappointed or aggrieved fan noises AFTER a play to (seemingly) curry a ref response, then that sucks

Also, my "favorite" PI is when the CB is running with the WR and the ball is underthrown. The WR then either reaches back into the CB or just stops short and the CB runs into him and PI is called. If you have to come back for the ball in any manner, I'm sorry that's not PI that's a bad throw or route.

Also, my "favorite" PI is when the CB is running with the WR and the ball is underthrown. The WR then either reaches back into the CB or just stops short and the CB runs into him and PI is called. If you have to come back for the ball in any manner, I'm sorry that's not PI that's a bad throw or route.

In general there are too many calls that completely ignore the fact that these guys are moving at full speed and are physically incapable of being able to react in a split second and control their bodies in a way that would not violate a contact penalty.

There use to be a lot more tolerance for "incidental" contact like that....not any more.

i thought this was going to be about my pet peeve - i think in house audio technicians should be forbidden to use crowd noise to try to coax a flag
one of the things i was looking forward to about no crowds is having refs calls be more neutral
but if techs are pumping in disappointed or aggrieved fan noises AFTER a play to (seemingly) curry a ref response, then that sucks

Jesus...if refs are throwing flag because the fake crowd noise (capped at 70 db) is goating them into it...they should be fired. Pumped in sound can't throw beers at you or wait for you to exit the stadium after the game.

Back in the day refs would usually only throw a flag when it was a blatant situation. Like when a DB gets beat and hugs the WR to prevent a huge gain. Hand fighting was part of the game.

It's tough for defenders because receivers are still allowed to hand fight, use their body, and push off. It seems like WRs are being coached to flop and create the illusion of pass interference.

Agree our WRs should be better actors if that's what it takes. I just know that some games are just called that way and it's usually one sided.

I cant lie, I went into this game expecting this. The fact that our offense AND defense came out in the 2nd half and seemed to be deflated, only adds to the suspicion that I do try my best to ignore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom