***Pic of the pink cleats Brees will be wearing*** (1 Viewer)

I just wonder why we only have two players wearing the gear....

Clearly Brees... it's the front page story on WDSU's web page including additional pics.

Also, link to OchoCinco taking advantage of NFL initiative...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/30/chad-plans-to-push-the-pink-envelope/

What's great about this article (thanks for posting it!) is it says only a few players on each team were "chosen" to wear the pink awareness items which explains why some players are doing it and some not.

FROM THE ARTICLE:

"It's something our family has battled through, with my grandmother," Greenway said. "We watched her battle, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to take the lead on it.

"I was excited for the chance, because there's only a few guys on each team that get a chance to do that. And to be chosen, for whatever reason, was a great privilege. You can't talk to anybody who hasn't been affected by some form of cancer."

Greenway is humbled that wearing pink cleats could mean so much.

"For every survivor, and every person who is battling it, it's more than just a color," Greenway said.

Baseball does this same thing with the pink bats for a week.

I just do not see what this will do to help prevent Breast cancer. I mean really, how many ladies are gonna be "Enlightened" about breast cancer cause of a few football players wearing pink.

There is a venue for this kind of thing, ie. Daytime soaps, Oprah, the O channel, the We Channel, etc. Awareness of breast cancer is no longer a issue, I do not understand why a Male dominated sport (Players, Fans) are being targeted as needing awareness.

I watch football for many reasons, but not for the awareness of a cancer that afflicts mainly women.

Men and thier sports are becoming pussified more and more each year. This is the result.

Our Football heroes wearing "PINK", its just sad.

I just do not see what this will do to help prevent Breast cancer. I mean really, how many ladies are gonna be "Enlightened" about breast cancer cause of a few football players wearing pink.

There is a venue for this kind of thing, ie. Daytime soaps, Oprah, the O channel, the We Channel, etc. Awareness of breast cancer is no longer a issue, I do not understand why a Male dominated sport (Players, Fans) are being targeted as needing awareness.

I watch football for many reasons, but not for the awareness of a cancer that afflicts mainly women.

Men and thier sports are becoming pussified more and more each year. This is the result.

Our Football heroes wearing "PINK", its just sad.

Man up!

Let's just hope the Jets don't sign Garcia in the next couple of days.

Everyone always makes jokes about Jeff Garcia being gay....but have you guys ever seen his wife???

Attachments

• Jeff_Garcias_wife_carmella-decesare.28742236_std.jpg
    Jeff_Garcias_wife_carmella-decesare.28742236_std.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 79
Everyone always makes jokes about Jeff Garcia being gay....but have you guys ever seen his wife???

Exactly, and if you had a wife like that would you still be trying to play football? No, you would be at home doing whatever you asked you to do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom