***Pic of the pink cleats Brees will be wearing*** (1 Viewer)

I just do not see what this will do to help prevent Breast cancer. I mean really, how many ladies are gonna be "Enlightened" about breast cancer cause of a few football players wearing pink.

There is a venue for this kind of thing, ie. Daytime soaps, Oprah, the O channel, the We Channel, etc. Awareness of breast cancer is no longer a issue, I do not understand why a Male dominated sport (Players, Fans) are being targeted as needing awareness.

I watch football for many reasons, but not for the awareness of a cancer that afflicts mainly women.

Men and thier sports are becoming pussified more and more each year. This is the result.

Our Football heroes wearing "PINK", its just sad.

---The very fact that YOU and everyone on this board are talking about it answers your question. Awareness is getting people talking. All people - including sports fans. Awareness leads to a cure. If one husband or boyfriend or father on SaintsReport reads these posts about pink gloves and pink cleats, then goes home to his girl and says - Baby, have you had a check-up lately? Been reading about the stats and want to make sure you're on it. Saw Reggie with the gloves on at the Jets game. You got that check up scheduled with your doc?

If that happens, YOU'VE SAVED SOMEONE'S LIFE. A man taking care of his girl, his daughter, his sister, his mom. THAT'S WHAT BEING A MAN IS. And I love all you guys who get that. Hope I'm not out of line here. Just feeling emotional because the loss of so many could have been prevented if we all just look out for each other.

Anyway, back to Saints football!

This has gone to far... Pink uniforms are not needed to make us "aware" of breast cancer... A better Idea would be for the annoucers to wear pink tie and the NFL to donate 10000 for every field goal to reasearch

This has gone to far... Pink uniforms are not needed to make us "aware" of breast cancer... A better Idea would be for the annoucers to wear pink tie and the NFL to donate 10000 for every field goal to reasearch

Why does this bother you so much???

The idea does not bother me... In fact I applaude it... I just do not like the mechanism and think the NFL can do better than strapping pink accerories on players and getting all kinds of credit for "awareness" when in fact they (NFL) are doing nothing

Reggie pays a $10,000 fine to wear Adidas
Not anymore. Nike, adidas, and UnderArmour are all approved for gameday wear. Prior to the start of the 2006 season, only two companies - Nike & UnderArmour - were approved.

Drew Brees could wear a pink tutu as long as he's wearing a saints helmet and winning games for us.

The idea does not bother me... In fact I applaude it... I just do not like the mechanism and think the NFL can do better than strapping pink accerories on players and getting all kinds of credit for "awareness" when in fact they (NFL) are doing nothing

hmmm....

so, you don't think the NFL, it's teams, coaches and players might be donating money or something?? or that they donate regularly to all kinds of charities??

i mean, come on guy

Precisely what from the photo makes you convinced that it's a photo of him? Not that it matters what size his feet are; why do you assume the photo is of him?

I am not one to notice such things... not my cup of tea as some would say, but, those are not good looking legs... shave them furry monsters or something... :)

Oh and WEAR THE CLEATS!!!

I think it's awesome that our players support this great caues. Makes me proud of them no matter the color, however I think they are kind of cool. Do I have a feminine side? lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom