Pick 5 FA or players on the trade block (1 Viewer)

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
you would like to see in Black and Gold next year (REALISTICALLY)

Last edited:
Albert Haynesworth, Lance BRiggs, Asante Samuel, Marcus Trufant Alan Faneca.

Is that asking too much :)

Trade for DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson
FA Alan Faneca, Andre Davis, Drayton Florence

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Trade- Vilma, C. Johnson,
Sign - Briggs, Faneca, Suggs
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Lance Briggs, Terrell Suggs, Carlos Dansby, Bernard Berrian, Marcus Trufant

Trade for DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson
FA Alan Faneca, Andre Davis, Drayton Florence

If you swap Ocho with Vilma,I would love that. We can then draft Phillips or Ellis in the 1st and the best LB in the second.In the 3rd take BPA on D. 4th-7,well probably won't have any due to the trades.Maybe a 4th and not a 3rd.All in all I would take it and be very happy.

G Alan Faneca, WR Andre Davis, DT Corey Williams, LB Karlso Dansby, and CB Nnamidi Asonugha.

Dansby will probably not be available, so wemay have to trade a 3rd for Vilma...but he I'm concerned he's an injury risk.

i thought this was for fun, i pick trade for hall, sign Briggs, corey williams faneca, and gibril wilson

G Alan Faneca, WR Andre Davis, DT Corey Williams, LB Karlso Dansby, and CB Nnamidi Asonugha.

Dansby will probably not be available, so wemay have to trade a 3rd for Vilma...but he I'm concerned he's an injury risk.
i would not trade a 3rd for vilma because reports are that his injury is very close to career ending... but i'm on record as saying i'd love to trade a 2nd for hall and sign samuel in FA... move mm to FS and that gives you 2 ballhawking CBs and a ballhawking FS (who can also hit and run support)... trade a 3rd for cj unless there's equal or greater value in FA, and i'd probably trade a 4th for vilma if he passed the physical... i'd like to get younger and faster at the LB position... on O, sign faneca and draft or sign the best LT you can... move brown to RT so he can play 8 more probowl years

so on O you have LT, faneca, faine, evans, brown, the ky TE (wishing)... colston, meachem, cj (in any order but with a lot of colston in the slot), pt, deuce, or forte (our 5th rounder :)) at RB... bush all over the field and what's his name at QB... any combination of 6 of those in the skill positions works for me

on D, smith, grant, hollis/clancy, gholston or another drafted/FA speed rusher... briggs, dansby, vilma.. samuel, hall, mm, harper

Samuel is a no brainer. If for some unknown reason we don't get him, I would gladly take Haynesworth and Briggs, and the we could do something to pick up DeAngelo Hall, and I would say our defense would be fixed.

Realistically...

I'd like to see us go after:

EricGreenThumb.jpg

CB Eric Green (RFA-3rd Round) Arizona Cardinals - Was injured last season after starting to emerge as a true shut-down CB... Antrell Rolle stepped in after Green's injury and really played well, making it possible the Cards do not give Green a crazy tender. Yes, I'd give up a 3rd for him in a heartbeat if his injury is completely healed.

330828.jpg

LB Boss Bailey (UFA) Detroit Lions - Has yet to become the player many thought he would be coming out of UGA, but has battled minor injuries and bad overall defenses in Detroit. Still has excellent speed and athleticism, and a change in scheme and scenery could be very good for Champ's brother.

Haynesworth.jpg

DT Randy Starks (UFA) Tennessee Titans - Starks is another guy that hasn't quite played to his potential early on in his career, but still has a chance to blossom with a new team. He's still pretty young, has good size and strength, and IMO would be an upgrade over DT Brian Young.

DrewCarter-2006-200.jpg

WR Drew Carter (UFA) Carolina Panthers - I think the Panthers will re-sign Carter, but if they don't we should jump all over him. He's got good size and great hops to go along with solid hands and very good deep speed. He could step into Devery Henderson's old role and provide more consistency to the WR position.

2677.jpg

OG Floyd "Pork Chop" Womack (UFA) Seattle Seahawks - The Saints need a replacement for FA Jamar Nesbit, and Womack (a MS native) would fit that bill as well as provide an upgrade at the position. We all would love to see Alan Faneca come home to finish out his career, but he's simply going to be too expensive.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/freeagentdefense.cfm

Last edited:
DrewCarter-2006-200.jpg

WR Drew Carter (UFA) Carolina Panthers - I think the Panthers will re-sign Carter, but if they don't we should jump all over him. He's got good size and great hops to go along with solid hands and very good deep speed. He could step into Devery Henderson's old role and provide more consistency to the WR position.

I wanted to add a few more things about why I'd love to see the Saints get Drew Carter. With him being 6'3, he would provide Drew Brees with another big/tall target, which IMO would help Drew with the batted balls. Carter's got true deep speed, and shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Samuel is a no brainer. If for some unknown reason we don't get him, I would gladly take Haynesworth and Briggs, and the we could do something to pick up DeAngelo Hall, and I would say our defense would be fixed.

you would like to see in Black and Gold next year (REALISTICALLY)

Haynesworth is not going to see the light of day in FA; the Titans will either extend him or give him the franchise tag. The Falcons aren't going to trade their best player to their worst enemy and as for Samuel and Briggs; we would be incredibly lucky to get ONE of those guys IF they're not re-signed by their respective clubs. However, expect some lousy clubs with a ton of cap space to toss a huge wad of cash at them and give them more than they deserve (like we did with Charles Grant.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom