Pick your Saints 3 Item Combo Game (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Out of these items which 3 item combination would you choose to make a Saints team that could possibly go 20-0 even if we were given the hardest schedule to go with our regular division opponents. Points per game stat given on offense and defense but please explain your choice and give at least two reason other than points. Ex: offensive line dominance, WR core, defensive line core, defensive backs, etc..
From ESPN stat page.

Offense: 2009 (31.9 PPG), 2011 (34.2 PPG), 2017 (28.0 PPG), 2018 (31.5 PPG), 2020 (30 PPG)

Defense: 2006 (15.3 PPG), 2009 (16.1 PPG), 2010 (14.6 PPG), 2013 (14.5 PPG), 2021 (19.7 PPG)

Special Teams: Your pick based on kicker, punter, and punt returner.

I think I'm going to go with the 2011 offense which should be a popular choice. The offensive line was probably our most dominant ever and maybe the most dominant of all time. We had a really good WR group and Jimmy Graham was at his all time best. Give me the 2013 defense too. Rob Ryan's only good year with us. We were downright nasty especially in the points allowed category. Keenan Lewis was our current Lattimore. We even held the Legion of Boom led Seahawks to what 13 points or something in the divisional round? We just couldn't score more than that. I'll take the 2018 special teams. Seemed like it was one of Lutz's best years and Morestead was still solid. Just wish Deonte Harris was a thing then.

I'm going the 09 offense and 20221 defense. Hartley and our current punter.

I like the 2018 team. Both offense and defense. Only things I wish we had was a healthy and prime Brees and 2011 receivers. But I like the ball control offense style of 2018

2011 Offense with 2009 Defense, last year’s special team. That 09 defense was very opportunistic

Out of these items which 3 item combination would you choose to make a Saints team that could possibly go 20-0 even if we were given the hardest schedule to go with our regular division opponents. Points per game stat given on offense and defense but please explain your choice and give at least two reason other than points. Ex: offensive line dominance, WR core, defensive line core, defensive backs, etc..
From ESPN stat page.

Offense: 2009 (31.9 PPG), 2011 (34.2 PPG), 2017 (28.0 PPG), 2018 (31.5 PPG), 2020 (30 PPG)

Defense: 2006 (15.3 PPG), 2009 (16.1 PPG), 2010 (14.6 PPG), 2013 (14.5 PPG), 2021 (19.7 PPG)

Special Teams: Your pick based on kicker, punter, and punt returner.

I think I'm going to go with the 2011 offense which should be a popular choice. The offensive line was probably our most dominant ever and maybe the most dominant of all time. We had a really good WR group and Jimmy Graham was at his all time best. Give me the 2013 defense too. Rob Ryan's only good year with us. We were downright nasty especially in the points allowed category. Keenan Lewis was our current Lattimore. We even held the Legion of Boom led Seahawks to what 13 points or something in the divisional round? We just couldn't score more than that. I'll take the 2018 special teams. Seemed like it was one of Lutz's best years and Morestead was still solid. Just wish Deonte Harris was a thing then.
Ummm, Sam Mills and Vaughan Johnson are flying down from Heaven to question all this 2013 stuff ;)

Granted, the secondary was a bit of a weakness, but any year of the Dome Patrol defense would suffice here. 1991 and ‘92 were near the top, if not #1, in points allowed.

Ummm, Sam Mills and Vaughan Johnson are flying down from Heaven to question all this 2013 stuff ;)

Granted, the secondary was a bit of a weakness, but any year of the Dome Patrol defense would suffice here. 1991 and ‘92 were near the top, if not #1, in points allowed.
Well OP ask about those years as the choices. But on for any era, any dome patrol era would be my choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom