Pictures From Atlanta (1 Viewer)

We had a great time this weekend. We tailgated with DeathFromAbove (A Falcons fan we met at the Hammer&Nails party on 9/24) and his family. They were very nice folks and wonderful host. The Falcons fans put on a very huge spread for us to choose from. One of the Falcons tailgating nearby made the best chicken wings you ever put in your mouth. We also had grilled Andouille and Italian sausage, low country boil was just some of the food we sampled. I represented us Saints fans and Louisiana by bringing my Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo. It didn't last very long so I know they liked it.

Compared to the 9/25 game at the Superdome, the Falcons fans were rather tame to say the least. I was prepared for a lot of trash talk but I really didn't get much at all. It's as if the Falcons had all taken a Valium before the game. There was not nearly the passion that I expected to see from an opposing team playing host to the Saints. Especially the Falcons. Loosing 4 games straight doesn't help much I guess.

We only had one problem all day long. Bigchinguy and I went outside during halftime to have a smoke (yes BCG fell off the wagon). Everything was cool at first until I hear a bunch of Falcons fan yelling insert profanity at Bigchinguy. I walk up to ask BCG whats going on. BCG tell me that some girl had tried to trip him. BCG regains his balance, walks over to her and says "try that again and see what happens". Her boyfriend then starts getting in BCG's face saying "Oh you're going to threaten a girl?". BCG says "No. I'm going to show you if it ever happens again". Then BCG walks away to finish his smoke. As I walk up to see what is going on I see this one other guy glaring at Bigchinguy. I didn't make much of it at first so I just ignored him. But he kept glaring and glaring. Suddenly I have had enough. So start yelling at this guy starring at BCG "Dude if you're going to do something then do it. Otherwise turn the insert profanity around". So he did. For about a minute. Bigchinguy looked at me as if he didn't know I had it in me. I'm usually pretty laid back. Then he started glaring at Bigchinguy again. I really had enough by this point so I yell at him again "What's the hell is matter with you? Don't you have somewhere to go? Beat it!!" Finally they all leave. This all happened in front of about 300 Falcons fans who were already PO'ed because of the last minute hail mary TD pass to Devery Henderson in the last seconds of the 1st half. Not one of them did anything. In fact a few of Falcons fans walked up to apologize to us. For the most part everybody was really cool to us Saints fans. But there always has to be one jerk in the crowd.

Last edited:
We had a great time this weekend. We tailgated with DeathFromAbove (A Falcons fan we met at the Hammer&Nails party on 9/24) and his family. They were very nice folks and wonderful host. The Falcons fans put on a very huge spread for us to choose from. One of the Falcons tailgating nearby made the best chicken wings you ever put in your mouth. We also had grilled Andouille and Italian sausage, low country boil was just some of the food we sampled. I represented us Saints fans and Louisiana by bringing my Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo. It didn't last very long so I know they liked it.

Compared to the 9/25 game at the Superdome, the Falcons fans were rather tame to say the least. I was prepared for a lot of trash talk but I really didn't get much at all. It's as if the Falcons had all taken a Valium before the game. There was not nearly the passion that I expected to see from an opposing team playing host to the Saints. Especially the Falcons. Loosing 4 games straight doesn't help much I guess.

We only had one problem all day long. Bigchinguy and I went outside during halftime to have a smoke (yes BCG fell off the wagon). Everything was cool at first until I hear a bunch of Falcons fan yelling insert profanity at Bigchinguy. I walk up to ask BCG whats going on. BCG tell me that some girl had tried to trip him. BCG regains his balance, walks over to her and says "try that again and see what happens". Her boyfriend then starts getting in BCG's face saying "Oh you're going to threaten a girl?". BCG says "No. I'm going to show you if it ever happens again". Then BCG walks away to finish his smoke. As I walk up to see what is going on I see this one other guy glaring at Bigchinguy. I didn't make much of it at first so I just ignored him. But he kept glaring and glaring. Suddenly I have had enough. So start yelling at this guy starring at BCG "Dude if you're going to do something then do it. Otherwise turn the insert profanity around". So he did. For about a minute. Bigchinguy looked at me as if he didn't know I had it in me. I'm usually pretty laid back. Then he started glaring at Bigchinguy again. I really had enough by this point so I yell at him again "What's the hell is matter with you? Don't you have somewhere to go? Beat it!!" Finally they all leave. This all happened in front of about 300 Falcons fans who were already PO'ed because of the last minute hail mary TD pass to Devery Henderson in the last seconds of the 1st half. Not one of them did anything. In fact a few of Falcons fans walked up to apologize to us. For the most part everybody was really cool to us Saints fans. But there always has to be one jerk in the crowd.

Gotta love the Falcon chicks trying to trip people. Thats devotion..

Here are a couple more shots of the bus, Thanks again SaintMike for hosting the party. Thanks to Steltz02 for picking up our Popeyes and it was great meeting Mayberry Saint!!!

Thanks for everyone coming and glad to meet everyone. I got someones ice chest. I was kinda buzzed by the time we were packing up to head into the game, but I remember someone asking me if they could leave their ice chest in the bus till after the game. We stayed for about a hour after to rip the falcons fans, but no one showed up to get the chest. If it's yours, let me know and I'll send it to you, or you can pick it up at the next home game. Also, I'll be in Dallas, is anyone going?

Thanks for everyone coming and glad to meet everyone. I got someones ice chest. I was kinda buzzed by the time we were packing up to head into the game, but I remember someone asking me if they could leave their ice chest in the bus till after the game. We stayed for about a hour after to rip the falcons fans, but no one showed up to get the chest. If it's yours, let me know and I'll send it to you, or you can pick it up at the next home game. Also, I'll be in Dallas, is anyone going?

Yo Mike, that piece of work that I called an ice chest is available for you to keep, or just trash it. Thanks for the party, you did a great job!

I would have never known, I thought I walked a little too close to her and I originally apologized. Then I looked back and I saw her laughing and showing her castrated boyfriend how she stuck her foot out and tripped me....

Ridgeben, me and the drunk slurring cat sitting behind me were betting on 3rd down results....I took 30 off of him lol

Sorry we didnt make your Tailgate Mike, next year we will combine in Lot A

I would have never known, I thought I walked a little too close to her and I originally apologized. Then I looked back and I saw her laughing and showing her castrated boyfriend how she stuck her foot out and tripped me....

Ridgeben, me and the drunk slurring cat sitting behind me were betting on 3rd down results....I took 30 off of him lol

Sorry we didnt make your Tailgate Mike, next year we will combine in Lot A

You see the Falcon fan in front of you with the Bobby Hebert jersey on? How ironic was that?

I'm glad I had the privelage of having a smoke with BCG at one of the home games. One of the greatest days of my life as I got to meet an S&R legend!!!

I was thinking about asking the guy if he wanted to sell the Hebert Jersey to me like the guy a row in front of me did when he sold his Reggie Jersey to a Falcons fan...

How'd ya like that circus tent they call a dome? I went to the MNF game last year and was dissapointed in the Georgia Dome. Looks like they built it on the cheap.

Thanks Saintmike. ENjoyed the tailgate man. That bus is a party waiting to happen.

Where did you get the blowup saintsman at.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom