Pierre is sending a message!! [MERGED: The Pierre Thomas Thread] (1 Viewer)

:plus-un2:

I just don't get it. Why is Pierre Thomas such a lightning rod?

As soon as you think the Bush vs. Thomas debates have died, you get Thomas vs. Bell after Pierre has a great game. Then as quickly as that starts we are back to Bush vs. Thomas.

They all play for the same 3-0 team. They are all playing well. This constant need, either through direct confrontation or sarcasm, to diminish one of them to build the other up is dumb. Get over it.

As soon as you think the Bush vs. Thomas debates have died, you get Thomas vs. Bell after Pierre has a great game. Then as quickly as that starts we are back to Bush vs. Thomas.

They all play for the same 3-0 team. They are all playing well. This constant need, either through direct confrontation or sarcasm, to diminish one of them to build the other up is dumb. Get over it.

Wait, they all play for the same team? I can never tell around here.

People want the Saints to win and believe Pierre is the best option to make that happen, thus they post.

Of course there was a similar reaction when Bell did well.

The reality of the situation is that Coach P isn't forcing Reggie the ball. Reggie isn't seeing most of the carries. I think we're watching the future trend of Reggie with our team. Sure, some games he'll be more involved when we see a place to expose him, but we can get used to seeing Reggie as the only back who is garunteed to get around 13-20 touches as long as he's healthy with a compliment of whichever other back is playing the best getting the rest.

There's really nothing to argue anymore as the coaching staff seems to be on the same page we're all mostly on.

Bell vs. Pierre would be a much more relavent argument as they're the two that threaten each other's touches. Reggie isn't going anywhere and neither is his role.

Anyone that threatens Reggie's supremacy is a lightning rod to certain people.

I like Reggie. I root for him, big time. He's our best utility back. There's room for all 6 of our RB's because it's such a violent sport.

Bell vs. Pierre would be a much more relavent argument as they're the two that threaten each other's touches. Reggie isn't going anywhere and neither is his role.

That's where the arguments come from. Some don't understand we will use 2 backs no matter what and Bush will always be 1 of them if he's healthy. He won't be the primary ballcarrier (as he's never been unless someone else is injured) but he'll be in a ton of plays.

I agree 100%. The problem with Reggie is that he doesn't seem have the vision to quickly determine where not to run. He gives up on the blocking before it has time to develop. Karney knew what he was talking about. It cost him his job though, although it landed us Evans, an improvement.
Ok, then answer me one question. Would you want to face him on another team. Say the falcons perhaps,because I tell you we let him go he is not goning further than Atl, that is a promise. I would not want to see Reggie another on team playing aganist us. Know PT and Bell, I think our defense could handle not Reggie. JMHO

I believed this before I saw Mike Bell absolutely tear up defenses in Week 1 and Week 2 slashing, cutting back, and bringing contact to defensive backs. Now I'll say that I believe that Pierre is easily the most complete back on the team and the hardest guy to get down out of the three. I think Mike Bell is the best cutback runner and short yardage guy out of the three, and Reggie is the best in the passing game (receiving and blocking). Three guys who bring different things to the backfield is a good problem to have, and I can't wait to have all three available. Just like this past sunday, we'll be able to go with the hot hand.

ok, i'm stopping and quoting here before finishing this thread.. as i thought my eyes had to be wrong with everyone saying how bell was more of the put head down take on defenders, and pt going around.. i'm like what!!! apparently not watching the same thing. as bell, make a cut and avoid defenders, PT like yesterday, when a pile was in front of him, instead of going around it. He went through it, and out the other side. Bell would have went around it, and had them chasing him. PT is hard to judge, with the way he runs, he looks like he's slow, he doesn't move side to side a lot, but he does a little , but he just eats up yards like crazy.
Just by characteristics alone, Bush is a lot like W. DUnn was, which isn't bad. Bell has cutback, and can hurt you, PT doesn't show that, but when he gets on the field, eats up yards and scores... and he can catch out of the backfield as well.
ps,.. Lucketty, i'm agreeing with you. that bell is more of cutter between the 2.

PT like yesterday, when a pile was in front of him, instead of going around it. He went through it, and out the other side.

His 34-yard run was bounced outside. PT went outside a few times yesterday and avoided defenders as opposed to running them over.

I think people are confused about what a two back system is...Bush produced as well as PT...PT had more yards, so that should be taken as a shot against Bush?..OMH i'm so glad you people are just fans and dont have a hand in the organization...Payton did not use PT in favor or Bush, just like he didnt use Bush in favor of PT in the first half..Reggie had 13 carries for 65 yards (4.9 avg) PT had 14 carries for 126 yrds and 1td (9.0 avg) both backs produced when called upon...and why you guys persist to bag on Bush is beyond me, your dislike for him is so sad...pathetic even, get with the team concept of the game and stop with the "you can only like one guy and not both" mind set...disgusting.
:plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2:

His 34-yard run was bounced outside. PT went outside a few times yesterday and avoided defenders as opposed to running them over.

he also had very nice holes to run through on thosefirst two runs deep in our territory and the two TD runs.

look i take nothing from PT, because he obviously is a gamer. he didn't look very good in practice all week and then he came down with the flu, got I.V.'s and went out and played like a man running wild. but as i stated all Off-Season, Bush would get the early carries and when we needed that sledge hammer down the stretch we'd put in either Bell or PT to finish teams off. well it worked perfectly. Pierre is a much harder runner than Reggie, and he replaced him at a perfect time and benefitted some by the fact that Buffalo's Defense had spent a lot of time on the field, but all he did was go out and perform. that's all you can ask of him. same for Bell in both the games he played, he gained most of his yards late in the game with us playing with a lead. it's just nice to know that whoever we plug in now seems to get the job done when given touches.

Are you a Saints fan? Not that we cant be critical of the team, b/c as fans we have every right. But it seems like your more interested in being right than anything else...have you considered that Reggie Bush is to the Saints as Kevin Faulk is to the Patriots? I think thats a much better comparison than Michael Vick. I could be wrong...

Check my join date and then come ask me whether or not I am a Saints' fan. Kevin Faulk is an excellent comparison, WHICH I HAVE USED SEVERAL TIMES, when the 80% of the board was telling me he was the next Barry Sanders or Gale Sayers a couple of years ago.

Do just let things go? For all the "I'm rights" you are spewing you also predicted a lot of doom and gloom for Reggie that never came true. The truth is in the middle as usual.

You hate Bush with a passion. We get it. It's not even that you're totally wrong about some things. Bush isn't a great runner, but man you never let up even when he plays well.

Bush was good today. Ran very well, caught the ball a few times. Had some good returns.

In the last 8 days you have a single post on the SSF not related to bashing Reggie Bush (rest of your posts are EE and FF). We are 3-0. Bush isn't playind badly. We have a ton of things to discuss and have fun with. Chill out for a week.

I never predicted gloom and doom for Reggie Bush. Bonchie, you know that. I have always stated he was a Kevin Fauk, Dave Meggett, Eric Metcalf-type player that would never, ever give us anywhere near the value you would expect out of the no. 2 pick. This is exactly what we have.

Of course you want me to let it go now. You were one of the main posters telling me for the last 2 or 3 years how ridiculous my arguments were and how I didn't know what I was talking about. You know it! I know it!

Furthermore, please check the Jamarcus Russell post. I have been involved in that thread since it began, and it is at the top of the SS board. That is just one example of me posting in a non-Bush related thread.

Finally, I am pretty much over the whole Bush argument now. It was my mistake for letting it get personal resulting in me overposting about it, and I apologize to everyone regarding it, but that is what happens sometimes when you are called an idiot for 3 years.

Check my join date and then come ask me whether or not I am a Saints' fan. Kevin Faulk is an excellent comparison, WHICH I HAVE USED SEVERAL TIMES, when the 80% of the board was telling me he was the next Barry Sanders or Gale Sayers a couple of years ago.

i think Kevin Faulk is not a good comparison at all. Reggie is much better than Faulk, the problem is Reggie is like no other back who has played in the NFL. does that make him great? no. but it does make him unique. Payton had every intention to have Bush become the lead back this year, problem is, he was injured and Bell was allowed to come in and prove himself. now i think this may have actually happened at some point during the year, but Reggie was exepected to be the guy getting the carries early in games with us going to the bigger more traditional guy in the 2nd half if we played with the lead. Payton has also said that everygame will be different and we'll do whatever we have to do to win. we saw that happen this week in the game and could see more of it during the season.

i think Reggie will be vital this Sunday in the game against the Jets, because of the pressure they bring and leaving their LB's and DB's matched up in man coverage on the back end. they will try to keep a Safety over the top of our WR so they don't get beat deep and this will leave guys like Devery, Reggie, PT and Shockey in very good situations to win in. the Jets have yet to play a team with Weapons like our on Offense, and the fact we'll be playing inside at home, will cure some of the ills that hurt us against the Bills. so i think Ryan will have to pick his spots to come at us or we will exploit his Defense.

Pierre talking about playing while Ill

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/09/new_orleans_saints_running_bac_2.html

Got felt sick last monday and it got bad Saturday evening. Stomache virus, throwing up, felt real sick and could barely eat or drink. Received a lot of fluids before the game. Didn't really do the walkthrough but only some light stretching before the game. Still feels a little sick

Considering the above interview I'm impressed with what he accomplished yesterday. To play through that and still have a 2 TD +100 yards game is amazing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom