Pierre says he's ready to play against Eagles - video 09/17/09 (2 Viewers)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2009/09/pierre_thomas_says_hes_ready_t.html
<table style="border: 0px none ; padding: 0px;"><tbody><tr><td>Pierre Thomas says he's ready to play against Philadelphia</td></tr><tr><td><script type="text/javascript" src="http://tribeca.vidavee.com/advance/trh/embedAsset.js?width=470.0&height=352.0&wmode=transparent&skin=v3AdvInt_nola.swf&dockey=3D0FBEA2CBCEA5C7C27F559DC9CF786A&"></script>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Pierre is handling himself well. We have three hungry, capable backs. Great problem to have.

Well, we will c what our boyz will do with Philly.

Go Saints, and beat the wings off Philly...:9:

This is a tough situation for Pierre. He played really well last year and Bell's play in camp combined with this injury may have really cost him an opportunity to be a 15-20 carry a game back.

He is still playing for a contract, and if the saints front office continues to find guys off the streets who can step in and play his role, the Saints would be silly to throw big bucks at him especially given his history of injury.

He's a solid player, but I honestly think his best opportunity to be a lead back may have just passed. Then again, its the NFL and any one of our backs could get injured making Pierre the main guy again.

Neither Reggie, PT nor Bell have shown they can carry the load for a full season. I really like Bell, but he seemed gassed against Houston and again last week. With PT out and Reggie rusty, he had to carry the load. While he did well, 28 carries was about 8-10 more than he was prepared for. Not to mention route running and pass blocking. Having PT back and Reggie coming in regularly will be needed against Philly.

I have no problem with the 3-4 headed monster at RB, as long as the run game works.

Neither Reggie, PT nor Bell have shown they can carry the load for a full season. I really like Bell, but he seemed gassed against Houston and again last week. With PT out and Reggie rusty, he had to carry the load. While he did well, 28 carries was about 8-10 more than he was prepared for. Not to mention route running and pass blocking. Having PT back and Reggie coming in regularly will be needed against Philly.

I have no problem with the 3-4 headed monster at RB, as long as the run game works.

I agree 100 percent. Bell has shown some flaws just like our other two backs. He looks a little out of sync in the passing game, his fumble was costly, and he got stood up at the goal line when he should have been able to make it in.

We don't have an every down back on this team, but I'd much rather have 3 capable backs than just one clear cut number one and two scrubs. depth at the RB position is huge and i like the fact that all three guys have their own unique set of skills.

:plus-un2: During the course of this marathon season i expect each one of these guys to miss a game here or there. The days of the lone back
are over. Keeping good backs 5-6 years instead of wearing one out
after 3 makes much more sense on many levels.

I like our RB situation. I think Bell and PT can keep each other fresh as the "sledgehammer" backs, and if one gets hurt we can plug in Hamilton and not miss a beat.

Reggie will get his mojo back... just you wait. :9:

I like our RB situation. I think Bell and PT can keep each other fresh as the "sledgehammer" backs, and if one gets hurt we can plug in Hamilton and not miss a beat.

Reggie will get his mojo back... just you wait. :9:
:plus-un2:

"Ya'll wanna win? Put Pierre in. I'm about to spin. Come on, coach, Come on, coach. Lemme get this for you!"

(Explosions in the Sky playing in the background)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom