Pierre Thomas vs. Adrian Peterson (1 Viewer)

how could you honestly think PT is as good as or even in the same league as AP? Seriously?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nD-wivXcHTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nD-wivXcHTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hey was this started by PT's agent???

I love you PT but AP you are not.

Everyone here loves Pierre. Comparing him to AP is ridiculous. There are some things that stats can't measure.

Just watch them run. 32 out of 32 NFL teams would take AP without batting an eyelash.

Just when I thought the homerism around here couldn't get any stronger....

how could you honestly think PT is as good as or even in the same league as AP? Seriously?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nD-wivXcHTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nD-wivXcHTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

LOL at the repeat clip of that poor Packers DB getting trucked.

This is a joke, right? Right? Please say yes...

This thread should almost be stickied for proof of how stats do not mean squat.

PT is not as good as AP, nor will he ever be. They both play Running back in the NFL, but the comparisons end right there.

I'll say this though, PT would be the perfect compliment to AP if they were on the same team. He is the 3rd down back the Vikings desperately need. They should have never let Chester Taylor go.

To be fair, Toby Gerhart seems like he is coming nicely into that role in the 2nd half of the season. He performed pretty admirably Sunday in Peterson's absence.

Yea, every time the song says "cause I'm a beast!" they show that clip,LOL.

the one run against the browns was probably the best stiff arm i've ever seen

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6pKIj87CYA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6pKIj87CYA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Main reason you can't compare AD and Pierre is carries. If their carries were similar, Pierre would be just as good as AD. Their carries aren't even close, so Pierre and AD aren't even close.

There's something to be said about versatility and ball security. Pierre is one of the best at that.

I still don't see Pierre as injury prone. That ankle injury was caused by someone grabbing his foot and twisting it viciously. That would have hurt anyone. That jerk should have been fined $25K, it was simply mean.

The only injury that I consider dangerous to Pierre's career was the sprained MCL last year. All the rest were unusual, even freaky, and not the kind of injuries that come back on you.

Come on man. You're giving the coaching staff absolutely no credit. Do you think they would fail to recognize someone as talented as AP, or recognize him but not utilize him more?

And I hate to use this as an argument but if there was an AP-like talent that was an RFA don't you think he would've been bid on?

Most of you guys failed to even read the first sentence in my post. I never said in my post that Pierre is or even would be a better back than AP.

I named the thread PT vs. AP because of the article I quoted, but I was more or less looking for a discussion on PT productivity with his limited amount of carries. I simply included that article to actually show how productive PT is with those carries.

I'm sure most people just read the thread title, and automatically assumed I was arguing PT was a better back or even in the same league, but that's not even part of the discussion. I was just simply comparing his stats with AP's because ,quite frankly, PT blows almost all other backs with the same amount of carries out of the water in terms of production.

So let me dumb it down for some of you...

PT performs at a consistent and high level even with his limited touches.
Proof is in the puddin'
We've been missing that 4th quarter run game
Can't wait to have him back

Most of you guys failed to even read the first sentence in my post. I never said in my post that Pierre is or even would be a better back than AP.

I named the thread PT vs. AP because of the article I quoted, but I was more or less looking for a discussion on PT productivity with his limited amount of carries. I simply included that article to actually show how productive PT is with those carries.

I'm sure most people just read the thread title, and automatically assumed I was arguing PT was a better back or even in the same league, but that's not even part of the discussion. I was just simply comparing his stats with AP's because ,quite frankly, PT blows almost all other backs with the same amount of carries out of the water in terms of production.

So let me dumb it down for some of you...

not true. alot of split carry backs have great production but can't duplicate it over being a full time back.

ahmed bradshaw
derrick ward
lamont jordan
Jearious Norwood
Snelling
Mewelde Moore
Chester Taylor

to name a few

not true. alot of split carry backs have great production but can't duplicate it over being a full time back.

ahmed bradshaw
derrick ward
lamont jordan
Jearious Norwood
Snelling
Mewelde Moore
Chester Taylor

to name a few

Good argument, but I wouldn't go as far to say any of the backs produce as consistent or provide as much as a threat in terms of rushing yards, rushing td's, receiving yards, and receiving td's as PT has shown.

A lot of these guys can't do certain things that a RB carrying the full load needs to be able to do. I think PT is the closest out of all of those names to warrant consideration for a full time back, because he can do just about everything that's needed from a full time back.

Of course it's still in question whether he can actually hold up and produce at the same level with more carries, but there's honestly no way to predict that.

Correcting his fumble-itis was the last step to saying AP is, without a doubt, an elite RB. PT is not.

FF value is nothing compared to real game value.

Remembering when I got put on blast for saying AP was a better runner than RB. :hihi:
They said it was Minnesota offensive line, only.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom