Pilots report "guy in a jet pack" at 3K feet above LAX (1 Viewer)

They could buy a drone at the mall that could accomplish this task much easier than by kamikaze jetpack attack.

Yeah, but that's what they're expected to do, itt would feel so scripted. Jet-pack attack has flair.

Oh no doubt, but then you run into a more protected area of the airport. I would think security would notice a jetpack approaching before it has a chance to reach a plane. No idea if security would be trained to respond to that kind of threat though.

Are you now talking about arming TSA with shoulder-launched Stinger missiles? I don't know man, seems crazy.

They could buy a drone at the mall that could accomplish this task much easier than by kamikaze jetpack attack.

Agreed. Of course I don't know a lot about drones, but you'd need a pretty large drone, and one capable of carrying explosives, but outside of the military, I don't see something like that as being likely.

It happens 40 times a day according to the FAA.

2D5A2F47-DD2A-48B6-BE6B-0C023F689DF9.jpeg

So probably something like this, but grosser.

Yeah, I'm with you.

There's quite a bit of evidence on the "unrealistic" side of the ledger.

Yeah, I'm with you.

There's quite a bit of evidence on the "unrealistic" side of the ledger.

I’m thinking that a drone rigged with a gun capable of firing a single armor piercing incendiary round straight down into the wing of a plane fully loaded with fuel while it’s preparing for takeoff might do the trick.

Hopefully smarter people than me have already thought of that and installed some kind of safeguard against it, now that I think about it.

I’m thinking that a drone rigged with a gun capable of firing a single armor piercing incendiary round straight down into the wing of a plane fully loaded with fuel while it’s preparing for takeoff might do the trick.

Hopefully smarter people than me have already thought of that and installed some kind of safeguard against it, now that I think about it.

That's a precision shot. What kind of gun and mounting are you envisioning to be able to pull that shot off, and what size drone would it require?

Actually, I do think the plane does have safeguards in the event a tank catches fire. I remember seeing it on a show somewhere that prevented tanks from exploding, but i can't recall how it worked though.

An incidiary round directly impacting the tank might still do the trick. Not sure though.

That's a precision shot. What kind of gun and mounting are you envisioning to be able to pull that shot off, and what size drone would it require?

I don’t know. I’m hoping it’s not possible. And I’m also hoping the FBI isn’t about to knock on my door to ask me why the heck I’m even brainstorming about this crap on the internet lol.

I don’t know. I’m hoping it’s not possible. And I’m also hoping the FBI isn’t about to knock on my door and asking me why the heck I’m even brainstorming about this crap on the internet lol.

Lmao, indeed. I'm more just wondering if we're prepared if a threat like that were out there. Would hate to see us caught unprepared like we were for 9-11.

Lmao, indeed. I'm more just wondering if we're prepared if a threat like that were out there. Would hate to see us caught unprepared like we were for 9-11.

Ya gotta think that the people who are paid to think about these things have already covered this ground, I hope, I hope.

I don’t know. I’m hoping it’s not possible. And I’m also hoping the FBI isn’t about to knock on my door to ask me why the heck I’m even brainstorming about this crap on the internet lol.

Yeah, I'm also just cracking myself up with the whole conversation and getting to say "jet pack" a lot. It's all pretty outlandish - so it's fun to goof on.

Like what, though? I’m confused. What would a terrorist with a jet pack be able to do to a passenger jet in flight that he could not do with a small airplane or a helicopter or by just staying on the ground for that matter?
Harder to track. Additionally, you need a very small footprint to launch from. Could be from anywhere at any time and swift. So with you being confused, I guess you do not see the problem with drones. Jet pack technology is faster technology. If you cannot see the advantages a person of malicious intent would have with this, I cannot help you. Just another evolution of technology. Oh, and by the way. You may want to ask the FBI. They obviously have some real concerns. 😎

Yeah, seems like a waste of jet pack talent. Someone that accomplished at jet-packing probably isn’t signing up to crash their jet packs into planes. This isn’t a two week stint in Florida flight school going to strip clubs at night - this is highly skilled aviation.
Of course. It does not take a rocket scientist to make this observation. Just another advancement of technology. Let’s add a RPG launcher to it, while we are at it. It is not about “crashing” into planes in a suicidal way. It is about advancing the technology even more, by adding weaponry to it. Or by swarming techniques. Drone swarms are a very real concern for authorities.

No one ever envisioned commercial jet planes being used as weapons either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom