Pipe Dream Talk: What if We Get Aiyuk and Simmons? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Would those moves elevate us as the new favorites to win the NFC South?

Or would y'all still have doubts?

Aiyuk would fit the offense like a glove better than any current WR on the roster. He also wants to get paid, but if you factor that Carr's contract is a bargain with Haener/Rattler as options after Carr on bargain contracts paying 1 WR with the rest on rookie deals is not a bad way to operate even while trying to get the books right.

I don't see a pressing need for Simmons when the one absolutely impossible to dispute fact is Dennis Allen is a BEAST of a Secondary coach.

Aiyuk would be great but more than likely it would be a one year rental and I can't see the Saints finding a way to make that happen unless they're a 7 or 8 win team by the trade deadline. At that point they have to entertain Super Bowl contender dreams and look into moves to load up.

A one year rental of Aiyuk would be amazing, but I’m not sure if we will be able to make that happen.

We would put ourselves in salary cap hell forever … other than that I’m all for it

I don't think Simmons is in position to command a huge deal. Aiyuk I think we'd just be making an early decision on Olave. He's going to be wanting money next year and we wouldn't be paying both of those guys 30mil. To me it would be about what you're giving up for Aiyuk. The 49ers are contenders and know they can use him this year and get at least a 3rd round comp pick for him so nobody is getting him for less than a 2.

Good players.... Just so I am clear on my stance... For me... It doesn't matter which players we bring in... as long as Allen is HC... I will have serious doubts that this team can compete for anything NFL related.
I started to say just this. I don't trust us organizationally until that part is fixed

Good players.... Just so I am clear on my stance... For me... It doesn't matter which players we bring in... as long as Allen is HC... I will have serious doubts that this team can compete for anything NFL related.
What if Kubiak is so much better than we think with the offense, and Allen can go back more into defensive coordinator mode ? I’m not banking on that, but it’s possible.

I think we win the division anyway. I think you bring in those guys to win the Super Bowl. But I don’t think they take us the that level.

I think we win the division anyway. I think you bring in those guys to win the Super Bowl. But I don’t think they take us the that level.
Man, this team will need some serious breaks along the way to win the division this season, but it’s possible.

Right now we are a 7-9 win team so if you think those guys put you over the top you make the move, however, I don’t think Loomis thinks we are that close, even if he doesn’t say that publicly.

What if Kubiak is so much better than we think with the offense, and Allen can go back more into defensive coordinator mode ? I’m not banking on that, but it’s possible.

I mean... I think Kubiak can be a better play caller and more effective OC in general than Pete was... My issue is... Most games will come down to a half-dozen plays or so... most NFL games are typically that tight.... and one bad decision can lead to landslide momentum swings... Allen will still be making those decisions... Do we punt on 4th and 1 up two points from the 45? Do we not challenge that obvious call because we are "saving it"? Do we run clock on 2nd and 10 before the half when the other team still has a TO? Do we sit an important player with a minor injury in a must win situation? Do we opt for a long FG or do we trust our QB and new OC?

These are just some examples of why I am doubtful of any real improvements to this team while Allen is HC... Even the best ship with the best crew is basically adrift without a competent Captain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom