PJ, Mario Edwards and Winston reunited (1 Viewer)

Numbskull

"Expert" Detroit Lions GM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nov. 25, 2012: A woman calls 911 to report that there are two men on a bike path on the Florida State University campus with what appears to be a black, long-barreled pistol. Police respond and draw their guns as they approach Jameis Winston and his roommate and teammate, Chris Casher, and ultimately handcuff them. The two tell the officer they were shooting at squirrels with a pellet gun, and they are released without charges being filed.

Nov. 25, 2012: A few hours after the incident on the bike path, Winston, Casher and two other Florida State players, Mario Edwards and Kenneth “P.J.” Williams, allegedly engage in a BB- and pellet-gun battle at their apartment house, inflicting an estimated $4,000 in damage. Management at the apartment house declines to press criminal charges after an FSU athletic official vows that the players will pay for the damage.

Nice to see he'll have friends in the locker room already!

I will say my general take on JW has been "good lord, what were the Bucs even thinking drafting him #1 overall." A bunch of this stuff is pretty minor but the rape allegation should still give us all pause when we talk about JW as the Saints QB of the future. I don't care how talented an arm he has -- the guy has super suspect decision making skills both on and off the football field.

I like the signing as a 1 year backup plan and at 1.1 mil it's a no brainer!

As a fan, do I want the franchise to give this guy the keys after Brees? Not really.

All that said, I will defer to CSP and support his decision when the time comes.

Wow hopefully they have all grown up.

But you're right, best case scenario is Winston is value as a cheap 1-year #3QB who never sees the field for us and gets more money somewhere else in 2021 and we get a comp pick for it.

Didn't he have another incident involving Uber?

Drunkenly groped his Uber driver, financially settled his sexual battery case out of court, apologized publicly and was suspended 3 games to start the year. Said incident happened in March of 2016 and he was suspended prior to the 2018 season. Not saying he hasn't grown up but those are the facts!

Last edited:
I don't think that is the case, but worst case scenario, we will release him right away. Nothing lost!

The financial details make this even a better signing.

Nice to see he'll have friends in the locker room already!

I will say my general take on JW has been "good lord, what were the Bucs even thinking drafting him #1 overall." A bunch of this stuff is pretty minor but the rape allegation should still give us all pause when we talk about JW as the Saints QB of the future. I don't care how talented an arm he has -- the guy has super suspect decision making skills both on and off the football field.

I like the signing as a 1 year backup plan and at 1.1 mil it's a no brainer!

As a fan, do I want the franchise to give this guy the keys after Brees? Not really.

All that said, I will defer to CSP and support his decision when the time comes.
Bruh your opinion means as much as mine. Which is 0%. Y'all killing me like the Saints brass gone listen to y'all belly aching about Jameis getting picked up. Get over it already it's done. Quit with this crap thinking your words gone change something. Again your job is whatever your job is. Stick to that.

Bruh your opinion means as much as mine. Which is 0%. Y'all killing me like the Saints brass gone listen to y'all belly aching about Jameis getting picked up. Get over it already it's done. Quit with this crap thinking your words gone change something. Again your job is whatever your job is. Stick to that.
That's your opinion. See how that works? We can all express it.

Hey, I was looking into his past incidents and found the coincidence that his 2 cohorts in one minor incident back in college 8 years ago both being with the team was kinda funny and worth sharing.

I sure don’t remember trying to convince the Saints brass or “change something”.

I’m not sure if you are aware but this is a discussion forum for fans of the team. If you stay here long enough, I think you will notice that not every post is made to order for So_Silly_Saint.

Again, I am so sorry that my post, where I shared MY APPROVAL of the transaction, has upset your fragile constitution.

Hey, I was looking into his past incidents and found the coincidence that his 2 cohorts in one minor incident back in college 8 years ago both being with the team was kinda funny and worth sharing.

I sure don’t remember trying to convince the Saints brass or “change something”.

I’m not sure if you are aware but this is a discussion forum for fans of the team. If you stay here long enough, I think you will notice that not every post is made to order for So_Silly_Saint.

Again, I am so sorry that my post, where I shared MY APPROVAL of the transaction, has upset your fragile constitution.
Great post until the last few sentences. Those were counter productive IMHO. The name calling and questioning of character shutdown any chance you had for reasonable discourse. Again IMHO.

FWIW, I tend to agree with you. I think he's come a long way very fast and trust the team has done their due diligence so if the FO is on board, I'm ok with it.

Great post until the last few sentences. Those were counter productive IMHO. The name calling and questioning of character shutdown any chance you had for reasonable discourse. Again IMHO.

FWIW, I tend to agree with you. I think he's come a long way very fast and trust the team has done their due diligence so if the FO is on board, I'm ok with it.

That's fair. Honestly just wanted to point out that he didn't read my post. Returning a hostile serve in kind with mocking banter was probably a misstep on my part. Oh well.

That's fair. Honestly just wanted to point out that he didn't read my post. Returning a hostile serve in kind with mocking banter was probably a misstep on my part. Oh well.
It happens. I think everyone has done it. I'm trying to recognize it in my own posts so I don't again.

It happens. I think everyone has done it. I'm trying to recognize it in my own posts so I don't again.

*Steering conversation back on track* -- Gee golly, I wonder what kinds of trouble these kids might get into in New Orleans!?

*Steering conversation back on track* -- Gee golly, I wonder what kinds of trouble these kids might get into in New Orleans!?
Being fair to these kids, they could get in trouble anywhere. I don't know how long it's been for them, but it seems at least JW has had only on the field issues the last few years.

It’s pretty sad that so many people are lookin for negative stories on JW. I wonder why?

Why are more people not talkin about the QB we just picked up that is extremely talented and can be a top 5 passer in this league if he cuts down the ints?

The people who led this team to a 26-6 record over the last two years are comfortable bringing him in so that’s all that matters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom