PJ Wiliams (1 Viewer)

Zzyyxxyyxx

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I couldn't see the game. I could only see bits and pieces of it from the Red Zone Channel. But I saw the Gameday Thread where PJ was injured. It seemed very serious. What happened there? Is he okay?

Took a hard knee to the back of the head. Looked like a serious neck injury. His legs didn't move at all and they put him on a stretcher and carted him off. Announcers later said it was a bad concussion and he lost consciousness but he could move toes and fingers fine.

He got hit in the head from behind and it looked bad. They handled it like it was a severe neck injury. He must have lost some feeling in his arms or legs. But reports now say he's being treated for a concussion. Sounds like it looked a lot worse than it was.

Thank you everybody. Sounds like it was not as bad as it seemed. I feel better now.

A concussion isn't something to brush off like it used to be, but man, if fear that he might never walk again didn't enter my mind...

He might miss the next game or the next two games and come back after the bye week. But he should be fine.

Should.

I really thought he broke his neck. He hit hard at a weird angle on the guy he was tackling. Then Robertson got him in the back of the head with his knee by accident. He was out cold immediately. So glad he's gonna be ok

He will miss ATL game per concussion protocol. But I hope the saints hold him out for SD also and let him have the bye which gives him 4 weeks before having contact. That should be good.

While I hope for nothing but the best for PJ, are we the only team that seems to have CBs injured every year?

Why are CBs such big injury risks?

Are they not taught proper tackling so as to protect themselves.

Seems like every year going to back to 09 when both Greer and Porter went down, we lose our CBs for extended periods of time.

Are CBs just pansies in general or are the CBs what we get the pansies.

And given all this history, how in the heck do we go into the season with 4 CBs only. Jesus.

While I hope for nothing but the best for PJ, are we the only team that seems to have CBs injured every year?

Why are CBs such big injury risks?

Are they not taught proper tackling so as to protect themselves.

Seems like every year going to back to 09 when both Greer and Porter went down, we lose our CBs for extended periods of time.

Are CBs just pansies in general or are the CBs what we get the pansies.

And given all this history, how in the heck do we go into the season with 4 CBs only. Jesus.

Because they are doing the majority of the tackling ...front 7 has no clue

Front 7 is decidedly improved this year. But our CBs still get hurt. Breaux broke his leg just running and stepping wrongly. PJ was contact.

I'm wondering if rule changes haven't made CBs more vulnerable in general, not these particular injuries.

They are limited in how they can tackle, can't hit the head, can't go at "defenseless wrs"

Yet they are not protected themselves from being trucked by anyone. The rules are unbalanced.

Personally, I don't care when he comes back to play. After some of those slow mo replays I was legitimately worried about him being able to walk again. Hopefully the tests they are doing to find out if there's any spinal damage come with good news.

A concussion isn't something to brush off like it used to be, but man, if fear that he might never walk again didn't enter my mind...

He might miss the next game or the next two games and come back after the bye week. But he should be fine.

Should.

someone correct me if wrong, this is awesome news that he isn't paralyzed, but with concussion protocols, next one he has, he's done for season?

someone correct me if wrong, this is awesome news that he isn't paralyzed, but with concussion protocols, next one he has, he's done for season?

I don't think that's a rule. I seem to recall it's done on a case by case basis and they have to go through the concussion protocol after each concussion. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

He will miss ATL game per concussion protocol. But I hope the saints hold him out for SD also and let him have the bye which gives him 4 weeks before having contact. That should be good.

I don't believe that is true. From my understanding, once he passes the team doctor's tests he can start to attend practices. He them has to pass a test from an independent neurologist in order to play in a game. There is nothing in the in the concussion protocol's that requires at least 1 week off. Every one heals at different rates. I do think he will LIKELY miss next week and possibly more but that is not a given.

Not true. There have been many players that have had multiple concussions and returned during the season. It all depends on what the league and Union hired neurologist says.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom