Places you refuse to eat? (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Since tonight I'm breaking one of my steadfast rules it has me wondering who else bans places from their options to eat. Tonight the kids really wanted Burger King so I caved. I used to love BK but the last 3 of them I tried to eat at were terrible experiences so they were placed on my banned list. I'm not sure exactly how long it's been but I want to say 2 years since I've ate there. I would like to think this time it will be awesome and they get to return to my regular rotation but I know better.....it's going to be disappointing and terrible. I feel like of all the fast food joints it's easily the worst of the bunch as far as how it's ran and the people they hire. I'll update later how it was....if I'm not dead.

Haven’t eaten at a BK, McDonalds, Taco Bell etc since circa 2004/2005.. I love to eat, am not a food snob, and like certain fast food places.. i sometimes find myself at Chick Fil A, Cane’s , In n Out burger if I’m out west and of course, Popeye’s... but certain places like McDonald’s just gross me out b/c it doesnt seem like actual food, just chemical goop.. i cant say what the disticntion is between the fast food places I’ll eat, and those i wont- i guess the distinction only exists in my head.

Finished up our BK. I'd rate it 6/10. Not as bad as I thought but not fantastic either which I didn't really expect. I will say my son's chicken sandwich was screaming hot even after he got it home (10-15 minutes away). My other son's chicken nuggets were the same way....they both had to let them cool before eating them. My jr whopper was about armpit temperature which has been a running joke of mine for years....that they carry the burgers around under their armpit to keep them warm because that's about always their temp.

All - You - Can - Eat - Buffets. Don’t know how many people have coughed on the food. Don’t know how long it has been sitting out. The ice cream station is like asking for a virus.

I ate at Golden Corral once because sometimes even low standards can feel like a burden. Nothing about that experience seemed like a good idea.

Applebees/olive garden/macaroni grill/chilis/tgifridays etc Pretty much all of the fast casual national chains but there are a few exceptions (the steakhouse chains and the non italian ethnic chains I can usually find something Ill enjoy). I much prefer to support local businesses with real cooking in the back instead of a bunch of microwaves.

Not sure how much cooking Zea does in the back and whats coming from a commisary but I like quite a few things there and it's local. That's a fast casual chain done right IMO

In terms of fast food, I'll eat Chipotle (tacoes), Chick-fil-A (nuggets), In-and-Out (burger), Five Guys (fries), Popeye's (chicken and red beans) McAllister's (sweet tea) or Smoothie King on rare occasions. Anywhere else not listed, I won't eat there at all. I'd add Shake Shack to the list if I came across one more than once a year. Still looking for a decent wing restaurant.

Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, McAllister's and Smoothie King are the most frequent.

Now? Places that don’t require and enforce mask wearing by employees.

I will go one further - I won't eat indoors at any restaurant at this point. (I have done takeout a couple of times and ate a meal outdoors the other day).

Non-pandemic, I don't have enough time to put together that list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom