Places you refuse to eat? (1 Viewer)

Arby's was dead to me when they killed Roy Roger's.

I do like curly fries though. More places should do that.

Best fast food fries I ever had was from Steak Escape who used to fresh cut potatoes in the store. But, I don't think they exist anymore.

A good tomato is awesome on a burger, but they are pretty much impossible to find (I hear there are good ones in New Jersey).

And if you think creoles are good, you've bought into the hype train.
This is why I grow my own tomatoes.

chic-fil-a or nothing off of your list.

subway reuses all ingredients sitting there, under a glass case. they rarely refrigerate half (lol if lucky) of the ingredients for next day.

i've known two former workers and the stories are horrific. meat and anything that won't brown, is left out.

I only ever eat the roasted chicken and I know it's processed crap, but it's better than 98% of the other fast food places so I'll eat if if I'm really hungry and my only options are fast food.

And are you saying that you won't eat Popeye's? If so, Alexa was right about you.

I only ever eat the roasted chicken and I know it's processed crap, but it's better than 98% of the other fast food places so I'll eat if if I'm really hungry and my only options are fast food.
i. live. in. baton rouge. butt crevasse.

i eat what i can. dickhead. i still love you though.

Popeyes, Subway, and Chick-Fil-A are mostly the only fast food I ever eat and I only eat Subway and Chick-Fil-A if I am traveling for work and can't find any better options. I also occasionally eat Arby's Roast Beef in the same situation, but avoid the rest of the menu.

And, as much as I love Popeyes, I almost never have it because I feel terrible for several days after eating it. Of course, the same is true of Subway, Chick-Fil-A, and Arby's, but sometimes you just have to eat something.

I find that if you eat Popeyes three days in a row, your system adapts. And there’s no toilet bowl hangover. Have it night one. Grab a cold piece the next morning before work. Reheat for dinner. Repeat the third day.

and you’re good to go.

I find the trouble is when you go back to a leafy vegetable. Then your GI track goes into straight up revolt.

I'd eat from any of the places mentioned before I'd eat another slice of pizza from Domino's.

And, yes, I've eaten from there since they "improved" their menu. The sandwiches and pastas are...ok. The pizza, though? Awful. The mere smell of it makes me want to vomit.

Love Domino's.

But I don't feel so badly about that one... so does David Chang. He loves Domino's too.

I don't love Domino's but I'll eat it now and then (mostly when we are at my inlaws in N Mississippi, where there aren't a lot of options).

With pandemic life, we've been making our own pizza, which has been very nice. Dorignac's sells a 14oz can of anchovies, FYI.

I find that if you eat Popeyes three days in a row, your system adapts. And there’s no toilet bowl hangover. Have it night one. Grab a cold piece the next morning before work. Reheat for dinner. Repeat the third day.

and you’re good to go.

I find the trouble is when you go back to a leafy vegetable. Then your GI track goes into straight up revolt.
Popeyes could rule the world if they had any quality control at all and maybe just a tiny splash of customer service.

All in all most fast food is garbage. Even Popeyes is no where as good as it used to be. I used to love Churchs chicken until they sold out to a new owner and changed their recipe.

As much as I love love love Chinese food the endless chain of places that use MSG as a food group is really disappointing!!

As far as burgers I'll have Rallys or Checkers every now and again but everyone else can close their doors right now if they're waiting on me to show up. Five guys is not too bad either. There's a place in Baton Rouge about 2 minutes from the LSU campus called the Fat Cow that serves a burger cooked on a wood flamed grill and it is one of the best burgers you can put in your mouth!!

The way things are now if you like buffet style dining you best get your fill while you can because it won't be long till the COVID19 pandemic will make the buffet a thing of the past.

I'm going to guess this is why you don't think Company Burger is good. You probably really like a lot of toppings on a burger. The thing I like about Company Burger is they use really good meat and you choose what toppings you want. I also like not having to take lettuce and tomato off the burger. IMO both of them are bland and just take away from the taste of the meat.

As i mentioned earlier in the thread, the main reason i dislike Company Burger is their lack of condiments.. I’m not a big fan of a bare burger, i think condiments can make or break it, so on that we’ll need to disagree.. but i was stunned at the lack of options at Company Burger.. it’s been 3 or 4 yrs since I’ve been to one, so maybe it’s changed- but the one downtown didnt have any mustard other than regular yellow, no bbq sauce ( a crime IMO), no salsa (meh whatever, but most places have it) and they had a freaking MAYONNAISE BAR... i dont **** wit mayo under any circumstance, so that turned me off the the place pretty quick... just, if you’re gonna have an entire bar devoted to mayo- then offer some other decent condiments on request, is all I’m saying.

Chain burger joint called Harvey’s up here in Ontario. Ate there once. The burgers are small but so littered with fat. The patties literally have a whitish hue.

I had stomach issues afterwards. My poop hurt coming out.

As i mentioned earlier in the thread, the main reason i dislike Company Burger is their lack of condiments.. I’m not a big fan of a bare burger, i think condiments can make or break it, so on that we’ll need to disagree.. but i was stunned at the lack of options at Company Burger.. it’s been 3 or 4 yrs since I’ve been to one, so maybe it’s changed- but the one downtown didnt have any mustard other than regular yellow, no bbq sauce ( a crime IMO), no salsa (meh whatever, but most places have it) and they had a freaking MAYONNAISE BAR... i dont **** wit mayo under any circumstance, so that turned me off the the place pretty quick... just, if you’re gonna have an entire bar devoted to mayo- then offer some other decent condiments on request, is all I’m saying.

I haven't seen Tru Burger mentioned by anyone. I've always enjoyed it when I've gone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom