Plan for Monday Night (1 Viewer)

Consiglieri

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not the game plan. The TV plan.

On one hand, this is a must-win game against our biggest rival.

On the other hand, there is a televised presidential debate. [MOD EDIT]

So, what to do? I suppose real fans will watch the game and listen to the debate highlights Tuesday morning. But then you could miss experiencing in real time that one historical zinger that decides the whole thing ("there you go again," Bush looking at watch, etc.).

Another option is to start watching the debate while recording the game and then switch over later to watch the whole game without commercials, ending with the last play (which will likely decide the game) in real time.

Just curious what strategies the Saints Nation has planned up for this. Thanks

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WDSU is showing the debate at 2am in favor of locally broadcasting the Saints.
So probably DVR the debate and watch it Tuesday.

stevend

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm actually planning to watch the debate and DVR the game.

This is crazy, but for the first time in many many years I'm just not as interested in football. I think dealing with flood stuff all day every day for a month pretty much made me lose interest.

Then when I listen to NFL radio all I hear is who is not standing for the National Anthem. And when I went to watch highlights on NFLN Sunday night, I couldn't stomach the Gameday prime show.

I'm sure I'll be back in strong next year, but for this year I just have a different taste in my mouth.

Reaction score
I'm not capable of dividing my attention, but split screen might be the way to go for many. Last game I actually just turned off sound all together as the verbal diarrhea seemed pointless.

Might try to listen to the debate and watch the game if you are able to divide your senses adequately.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For me, it's watching the Saints game live - without question.

Both can easily be DVR'd. But it is pretty likely that unless you close off your communication and watch them back to back (I'm on the east coast, so there's no way I'm doing that), it's likely that you're going to hear things about what happened in both the debate and the game.

I can't stand watching sports on DVR when you already know the result or significant parts of it. It's just not the same. I don't really give a crap if I find out things about the debate before actually watching it. I'm going to record the debate.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's not like the options are hard to understand. Someone who doesn't get the idea of DVR or choosing one over the other isn't going to be helped by a good post.

seagull

2010 World Champions
Reaction score
I always DVR the game, most times start watching about an hour after kickoff and can cutout all the non sense blahblah between plays, sense they do not show what is going on the field anyway. Usually catch up to live action with about 5 or so min. left on game clock.

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Moderator note: the thread has been scrubbed of any politically inflammatory comments and returned to the Super Forum.

This discussion is for strategies for watching both events, not on anyone's opinion on the election cycle or the candidates involved therein. Please keep it that way going forward.

Reduno

Veteran
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion but debates are nothing but liars telling people what they want to hear. When was the last time a politician did anything they said they were going to do? They need congress to pass laws anyway.

Don't mean to sound bitter or jaded but my 58 years on this planet has taught me a few things and one of them is, don't believe weathermen and politicians (Maybe that's 2 things :) )

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Let's see. Saints vs Falcons on Monday Night or listen to a couple politicians lie. Let me think about that one.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be watching the game live.

I'll catch up on the debate a day or two later. I don't have cable, so I can't DVR anything. Need to wait until it shows up on Youtube or something.

I don't see the value of "real time reactions" to a presidential debate. It's not like the 'winner' gets the White House that night. There is time to listen, digest, and be rational. However, there is no such thing as time to listen, digest and be rational about football. ;)

I think anyone who posts here on game day and/or the day after will attest to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
If Drew Brees retired this offseason, the Saints' plan was to pursue Tom Brady: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL, ESPN have no comment on Monday night TV cart collision Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Second look: Where did the Saints come up short in Monday night loss to Raiders? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL fines Jon Gruden, Sean Payton for not wearing masks Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Need a reminder of Drew Brees' iconic Monday Night football history? Check out his pre-game cleats Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Raiders: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fan confidence high as Saints head to Vegas for tonight’s Monday Night Football showdown Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints can attack the Raiders through the air tonight on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints vs. Raiders odds, line: NFL picks, Monday Night Football predictions from model on 100-65 roll SR News Page Articles 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 52
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas is out for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Henry Ruggs questionable, Trent Brown doubtful for Monday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
WATCH: Week 2 preview video, Saints and Raiders on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Raiders featured in ESPN’s multi-network presentation Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Social media reactions to Monday Night Football snoozefest Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Titans vs. Broncos: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Steelers vs. Giants: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Patriots vs. Seahawks: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints social media reactions to Joe Burrow’s Thursday Night Football debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bengals vs. Browns: Thursday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15