Plan for Monday Night (1 Viewer)

Since I don't live in the states and don't care about the debate MNF is the better option WHODAT!

Man... I'm very sorry about your grandmother...

Thank you very much. She was 96 and had 14 children, 26 grandchildren (I think, and I'm one obviously), and I think 32 great grand children. She has a legacy and made an impact. Fierce and very devout. My only regret is that my Spanish sucks, so we couldn't communicate well. I got to see her two months ago on my honeymoon, so that was nice.

On the plus side, there is a bar at my gate and I'm on my second double rum and coke. Might explain my honesty as well... LOL.

I'm sad, but she lived a very full life.

1. 10th anniversary of the opening of the dome after Katrina.

2. I already know who I am voting for debate or not.

3. There will be more debates but only 1 10th anniversary game..

4. I will get debate recaps and updates after the game.

THE GAME IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE TO ME!!

Will be at game. Recording debate. #Priorities

Not the game plan. The TV plan.

On one hand, this is a must-win game against our biggest rival.

On the other hand, there is a televised presidential debate. [MOD EDIT]

So, what to do? I suppose real fans will watch the game and listen to the debate highlights Tuesday morning. But then you could miss experiencing in real time that one historical zinger that decides the whole thing ("there you go again," Bush looking at watch, etc.).

Another option is to start watching the debate while recording the game and then switch over later to watch the whole game without commercials, ending with the last play (which will likely decide the game) in real time.

Just curious what strategies the Saints Nation has planned up for this. Thanks

I think there should be no argument that the debate over the issues most important to our country and deciding who will lead it take full precedent over a football game

I will have the saints game on a second TV muted and turn it up during commercial breaks

Since I can't stand either candidate I won't be watching the debate and plan to exercise my right to vote in a write in candidate (Mickey Mouse). I will likely get some chicken and put it in the crockpot with some cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup in the morning and make a pot of rice to go with it when I get home from work Monday, then turn on the game and root on the Saints!

I'll be in the Dome just like I was for the re-opening. It'll always be special knowing that we kept our Saints & Nola was going to recover!

For me, it's watching the Saints game live - without question.

Both can easily be DVR'd. But it is pretty likely that unless you close off your communication and watch them back to back (I'm on the east coast, so there's no way I'm doing that), it's likely that you're going to hear things about what happened in both the debate and the game.

I can't stand watching sports on DVR when you already know the result or significant parts of it. It's just not the same. I don't really give a crap if I find out things about the debate before actually watching it. I'm going to record the debate.

Exactly what I'm doing. I wish I had PIP tho, in case a fistfight breaks out in the debate, heh. I might just view a livestream of the debate on my tablet if that's available and glance over during commercials and such.

I don't spend a lot of time in front of the tube unless it's gameday, so game all day...but..

If I hear trump is going ham, taking no prisoners, calling everybody losers, on the attack, I"m watching that trainwreck for sheer laughs/comedy..period.

Other than that, I have no interests in watching any of the debates. They've become super redundant and extremely predictable and the action items mentioned are very very rarely carried out...but that's another topic.

Looks like my plans may have altered. I have to head to Puerto Rico for my grandmother's funeral. Might miss the game due to lack of electricity. And of course, family obligations. I just figure by then we will be drinking heavily. And football may be a welcome distraction.

She was 96 and had 14 children, 26 grandchildren (I think, and I'm one obviously), and I think 32 great grand children. She has a legacy and made an impact. Fierce and very devout. My only regret is that my Spanish sucks, so we couldn't communicate well. I got to see her two months ago on my honeymoon, so that was nice.

On the plus side, there is a bar at my gate and I'm on my second double rum and coke. Might explain my honesty as well... LOL.

I'm sad, but she lived a very full life.

Sincere condolences, Saint Ward.

Before you head out, go to: www.freetranslation.com Once there, type in a statement you'd want to say to your family about the situation (your grandmother & her legacy, etc.). You'll have a choice of translating English>>to Spanish. Then, copy 'n paste the Spanish translation to a Word or PDF document, and take that to Puerto Rico. It will be a ready answer that your relatives (fluent in Spanish) will appreciate.

Sincere condolences to you and your family, sir.

Moderator note: the thread has been scrubbed of any politically inflammatory comments and returned to the Super Forum.

This discussion is for strategies for watching both events, not on anyone's opinion on the election cycle or the candidates involved therein. Please keep it that way going forward.

Darnit Cross! I had a pretty intelligent arse funny comment that I can't share in this thread after reading your post. :no:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom