Plan for Monday Night (1 Viewer)

Consigliere

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not the game plan. The TV plan.

On one hand, this is a must-win game against our biggest rival.

On the other hand, there is a televised presidential debate. [MOD EDIT]

So, what to do? I suppose real fans will watch the game and listen to the debate highlights Tuesday morning. But then you could miss experiencing in real time that one historical zinger that decides the whole thing ("there you go again," Bush looking at watch, etc.).

Another option is to start watching the debate while recording the game and then switch over later to watch the whole game without commercials, ending with the last play (which will likely decide the game) in real time.

Just curious what strategies the Saints Nation has planned up for this. Thanks

WDSU is showing the debate at 2am in favor of locally broadcasting the Saints.
So probably DVR the debate and watch it Tuesday.

I'm actually planning to watch the debate and DVR the game.

This is crazy, but for the first time in many many years I'm just not as interested in football. I think dealing with flood stuff all day every day for a month pretty much made me lose interest.

Then when I listen to NFL radio all I hear is who is not standing for the National Anthem. And when I went to watch highlights on NFLN Sunday night, I couldn't stomach the Gameday prime show.

I'm sure I'll be back in strong next year, but for this year I just have a different taste in my mouth.

I'm not capable of dividing my attention, but split screen might be the way to go for many. Last game I actually just turned off sound all together as the verbal diarrhea seemed pointless.

Might try to listen to the debate and watch the game if you are able to divide your senses adequately.

For me, it's watching the Saints game live - without question.

Both can easily be DVR'd. But it is pretty likely that unless you close off your communication and watch them back to back (I'm on the east coast, so there's no way I'm doing that), it's likely that you're going to hear things about what happened in both the debate and the game.

I can't stand watching sports on DVR when you already know the result or significant parts of it. It's just not the same. I don't really give a crap if I find out things about the debate before actually watching it. I'm going to record the debate.

It's not like the options are hard to understand. Someone who doesn't get the idea of DVR or choosing one over the other isn't going to be helped by a good post.

I always DVR the game, most times start watching about an hour after kickoff and can cutout all the non sense blahblah between plays, sense they do not show what is going on the field anyway. Usually catch up to live action with about 5 or so min. left on game clock.

Moderator note: the thread has been scrubbed of any politically inflammatory comments and returned to the Super Forum.

This discussion is for strategies for watching both events, not on anyone's opinion on the election cycle or the candidates involved therein. Please keep it that way going forward.

Just my personal opinion but debates are nothing but liars telling people what they want to hear. When was the last time a politician did anything they said they were going to do? They need congress to pass laws anyway.

Don't mean to sound bitter or jaded but my 58 years on this planet has taught me a few things and one of them is, don't believe weathermen and politicians (Maybe that's 2 things :) )

Let's see. Saints vs Falcons on Monday Night or listen to a couple politicians lie. Let me think about that one.

Simple DVR the game or DVR the debate. Whichever one is the most important for you to watch. But I do get your point.

Well for those going to the game it will be hard to watch the debate too so I'm recording the debate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom