Planning a trip to Lambeau 2012 (1 Viewer)

dome patrol

knowucantreadmypokerface
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know many of you have made the trip North over the past two seasons. What are some tips for making this a success? We'll probably stay in Milwaukee and rent a car for Sunday. Looking to hit up the Brewers/Astros game on Friday or Saturday night as well. What are the other "must-do" type stuff in the city and where is the best place to stay? We're a group of ~25 year old guys who like to party.:covri:

I know many of you have made the trip North over the past two seasons. What are some tips for making this a success? We'll probably stay in Milwaukee and rent a car for Sunday. Looking to hit up the Brewers/Astros game on Friday or Saturday night as well. What are the other "must-do" type stuff in the city and where is the best place to stay? We're a group of ~25 year old guys who like to party.:covri:

Don't stay in Milwaukee, it's too much of a drive after the game. We stayed in a city called Appleton. It's about 20-30 minutes away, but the bar next to our hotel had a shuttle for 20 bucks (2 free beers too IIRC). We actually flew into Milwaukee, drove to Chicago for pizza and to see Soldier field, then drove up to Appleton for the game. The next day, we drove back to Milwaukee and got silly drunk in the city.

The more I think about it, the more I want to go back heh

Hit up Stone Cellar Brew Pub in Appleton, must eat, must drink. Milwaukee was Rock Bottom. Highly recommend those places.

I'm also planning on making the trip up to Lambeau, but not until Drew Brees is signed. Anyone know which hotel the Saints stay in? Is it better to fly into Milwaukee or Green Bay? Seems like Appleton is the place to be? Is Green Bay that dead? Anything to do besides drink beer in a bar? Any information is appreciated.

Green Bay may be super expensive. We flew into Milwuakee, then drove up to Appleton. It's a hike, but just depends on what you want to do. They have tons to do up there, I think if you find the old thread from last year.....there's a link I had for suggestion from Green Bay fans. Definitely want to check out the stadium (get a tour). Worst case, just hop on over to the Packers forum to check out their picks, they are REALLY nice.

We are flying up on Thursday before the game and spending two days in Chicago. We will make the four hour drive up to Green Bay early Saturday morning and do the stadium tour and other things in Green Bay, and then game on Sunday. I found that many of the hotels in Green Bay were booking quickly so if you are planning on making the trip and want to stay in Green Bay, book soon!! Now time to find tickets. Is Stubhub my best bet??

just checked Marriott.com and there are actually still rooms available at the Residence Inn Green Bay for $209 per night, which seems pretty reasonable to me considering how small the town is and how few hotel rooms there probably are.. I booked a room in Appleton for $117 a night, but that was the day that the NFL schedule was released so prices hadn't been jacked up yet.

Let me tell you this. This might be the best road stadium I've been to. The whole experience was awesome last year. The fans could not have been nicer. I was surrounded by Packer fans with no Saints fan around and anytime the Saints did something exciting I cheered but I was never heckled or had beer thrown on me. And boy the guys behind me basically emptied out the Miller brewery and were gentlemen drunks and still quite coherent with what was going on.Argued a little bit about whether Sean Payton 's decision to go for it on 4th and GL in 1st half was dumb. I didn't think so but oh well. My brother and I went down to Milwaukee for Brewers and Phillies game and had another good time. It was a fantastic trip and I HIGHLY recommend it. Have fun WHO DATS

I'll echo what NYCSaints fan said.
I went solo last year (brother had to cancel last second due to work) and had a great time.
  • It's hard to get a flight into GRB since there isn't a whole lot of service.
  • The Packers have a nationwide following. Many of their fans come from out of town.
  • Because of the 2 previous reasons, decent hotel rooms in GRB are hard to come by and are expensive.
  • The GRB fans are great. I never felt intimidated and was even invited to several pre-game tailgates.
  • Downtown Green Bay is going through a revitalization and even though it isn't like downtown NOLA, you can still find things to do there for a few nights without getting bored.

Again, the fans are great! We were tailgating in the parking lot of a huge and busy bar when I realized I left my ticket in my hotel room downtown, about 4 miles away. On game day taxis are almost impossible to come by.
The bar had a mini-van advertising free rides to patron (surely for those that had too much to drink) but in desperation, I asked the manager if I could get a ride to the hotel. I was floored when he grabbed a bar back and told him to drive me to the hotel! And I'm in all of my Saints gear! It's only about a 10 minute ride, I grab the ticket and come back to find a group of 5 other Who Dats sitting in the van needing ride to the stadium. (They had been waiting for a taxi for 1.5 hrs!) Needless to say, the trip for the bar back was very lucrative!

I was at the Clarion on the Fox River last year. This year we'll be staying about a mile away from that at the Quality. Hotel rates nearly triple on home game dates but the rooms are not impossible to get. (I used a site and got mine 10 days ago for $160/nt)

The city provides free buses from the game to several areas of the city. They may even provide them to the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom