plantar fasciitis advice - for the love of god please help me (1 Viewer)

ktulu909

Not Band
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been battling chronic plantar fasciitis in both feet for a little over a year now. Ive spent well over a thousand dollars in the last year on shoes,custom molded prescription orthotics, cortisone shots. Basically everything short of surgery.

My pain isn't the common heal area,more in my arch right behind the ball of my foot. On a good day,my pain is about a 5,once im up and moving it isnt completely unbearable,but after sitting for as little as 5 minutes,its like starting the day over again pain wise and anyone whos been through this knows what its like first thing in the am.

Ive done the stretches,and at this point i feel im running out of options. I really dont want the surgery becasue of the associated down time. I have to be able to work to support my family. Has anyone else gone through this and found the magic bullet? please share your stories so maybe I can have a little hope. Im really at wits end with this,I honestly wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

3e3e19e59e69326cf87dbd3afbf0e7a5.jpg

And yes,I've done this too. And golf balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not particularly. I do overpronate though.

Tape the **** out of your arches before you start the day
Make sure the rest of your body from lower back down is loose (lower back, hamstrings, calves)
Vary the size of the massage balls - super balls, spiky massage balls, tennis balls

Luckily mine ripped when I was playing soccer (felt like something violently unzipped under my foot)- 4 weeks of PT and it was done

Good luck

Tape the **** out of your arches before you start the day
Make sure the rest of your body from lower back down is loose (lower back, hamstrings, calves)
Vary the size of the massage balls - super balls, spiky massage balls, tennis balls

Luckily mine ripped when I was playing soccer (felt like something violently unzipped under my foot)- 4 weeks of PT and it was done

Good luck

One of the things I did get relief from was when the podiatrist would tape my feet. Unfortunately,having dealt with this for over a year now,I'm about 60 lbs overweight and am currently unable to tape my own feet lol and podiatrist charges me my copay(70) for any service. Including just taping my feet.

I've read some papers stating that ESWT therapy is very effective in treating,but I haven't been able to find any providers in the area that provide it and I'm not even sure my insurance would cover it.

Birkenstock sandals has cured my Wife's PF. (She has a high arch)

Also, SuperFeet insoles has cured my Lower back pain.

Don't go cheap on your footwear. Determine if you overpronate or under pronate. Then get the appropriate shoes/insoles.

Don't expect results in a day or two. Or even a week. Got to give it time.

A couple of months ago I had read an article that explained how shoe manufactuers never spend more then .10 cents on the insoles. Even exspensive shoes. Soooo.....

Good luck

My current insoles were actually cast from my feet and cost me $350. I'm pretty sure I got screwed on that one as I don't see any improvement with them than without them.

My current insoles were actually cast from my feet and cost me $350. I'm pretty sure I got screwed on that one as I don't see any improvement with them than without them.

I'm a moderate overpronator. Was having Lower back pain after work.(I walk at least 5miles every shift) Bought a Pair of Brooks Beast shoes and SuperFeet Insoles. At first, thought it wasn't going to work out. But stuck with it. After a couple of weeks things got better, a lot better!

I always roll my feet on golf balls in my arches. Absolute kills me but it does help. There's been a lot of great advice but I especially like the "don't go cheap on footwear" this is a big one. My arches need support and the feeling of relief when you get a good supporting shoe is amazing.

Have you tried reflexology?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I had a mild case. The thing that helped me was frozen packs tied to the bottom of my feet every night for at least half hour while sitting with my feet up. And I took NSAID every day for that week too, maximum dose all the time. At the end of that week the inflammation cleared up. Good luck!

Ive been battling chronic plantar fasciitis in both feet for a little over a year now. Ive spent well over a thousand dollars in the last year on shoes,custom molded prescription orthotics, cortisone shots. Basically everything short of surgery.

My pain isn't the common heal area,more in my arch right behind the ball of my foot.

They've ruled out Morton's neuroma I assume? Try grasping around the ball of your foot and squeezing together. If reproduces your pain then that could be the issue.

Otherwise the bad news.
1) Ya gotta lose the weight first and foremost

2) have you seen a therapist? They'll look for other underlying causes...I've treated "plantar fasciitis" patients and never touched their feet - sometimes it's a back issue; significant hip weakness, etc

3) Don't forget to work the calf muscles . Dig around in the gastroc and soleus looking for sore/tender areas.

4) work the intrinsics of the foot and strengthen the posterior tibialis muscle

You might try going the other way with your shoes. I've had usually mild arch issues with shin splints. But it's been as bad as almost not being able to walk because of the pain in my arches. Everyone kept telling me about support this and support that. Zero drop shoes with mild to no arch support changed my life and allowed me to start jogging and hiking. I now where Altra brand shoes for just about everything.

I have no idea if that could help you. But it seems to be worth a thought considering your discomfort and everything you have tried.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My left heel got injured due to too much indoor volleyball. I have lousy feet and the continuous jumping and landing took its toll. The Strassburg Sock seemed to help my condition. Keeps your foot flexed up while you sleep. Feels weird, very weird at first. You get used to it, just be sure to ease into it and not set it too tight at first.

Also, I rolled a tennis ball every morning and kept one at work under my desk. Several times a day rolling that thing also seemed to help.

Mine slowly went away over the course of a year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom