Plastic Models - Who still builds them? (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
A thread on retirement prompted me to share this -

Over the past couple of years I have really gotten back into it. I have focused on sci-fi stuff and have been accumulating a model stash for years as I find things that I like.

Because of the nature of the models I typically add lights and I am considering sound effects on a couple of others. I have been experimenting with controlling light circuits with Arduino, adding sound should'nt be too much trouble. I have an experiment going now where I have added a Bluetooth shield to the Arduino and written a little phone app that allows me to control the Arduino from the phone wirelessly. This will be developed into a full fledged controller for a 1/350 Enterprise A I am building especially for my office.

There is a local group of modellers in Lafayette that I've met. Good group, but I cannot get to the meetings most of the year because of conflicts in my schedule.

Here are some pics of my recently completed BSG Viper Mk. I+ (the + is because I made some enhancements to the original Viper.

Attachments

Last edited:

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
used to build lots of armor, especially wehrmacht, and especially tamiya

haven't in decades, but wish there had been a youtube so i could've learned techniques from this guy

best looking armor models i've ever seen

OP
Bleu Raeder

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Not really the same thing but I did recently finish this Lego Ultimate Edition Millenium Falcon . I just have to figure out how I'm going to mount it now. I think I might be becoming a Lego nerd. :LOL:

Bleu Wife got me one of the next size down from your Lego Millenium Falcon for my birthday this year. I really had fun building it and may have taken a step towards being a Lego nerd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom