Plastic Models - Who still builds them? (1 Viewer)

It's been over a year since the last post to this thread. I finally got a workbench built, unpacked kits, repaired others from the move. I have piddled about some, but really have not completed anything until this past weekend. Batman finally has his crime-fighting partner, Robin!

robin.jpgdynamic_duo.jpg

My Dad used to work for Hub City Ford in the mid 50's. He had this collection of Dealer Model Promo cars that I now have. This is a pano shot to get them all in, hence the distorted coffee table.

promo_model_cars.jpg

Think i might try to get back into this

Was pretty into plastic models back in the day and I could probably use a decent hobby at this point in my life

My Dad used to work for Hub City Ford in the mid 50's. He had this collection of Dealer Model Promo cars that I now have. This is a pano shot to get them all in, hence the distorted coffee table.

promo_model_cars.jpg
so forking cool

used to build lots of armor, especially wehrmacht, and especially tamiya

haven't in decades, but wish there had been a youtube so i could've learned techniques from this guy

best looking armor models i've ever seen

Not really the same thing but I did recently finish this Lego Ultimate Edition Millenium Falcon . I just have to figure out how I'm going to mount it now. I think I might be becoming a Lego nerd. :LOL:
50171890857_3969a1a1c0_b.jpg

50171634351_10d1f8f55d_b.jpg

50171092693_320f88ea20_b.jpg

Not really the same thing but I did recently finish this Lego Ultimate Edition Millenium Falcon . I just have to figure out how I'm going to mount it now. I think I might be becoming a Lego nerd. :LOL:
50171890857_3969a1a1c0_b.jpg

50171634351_10d1f8f55d_b.jpg

50171092693_320f88ea20_b.jpg

Bleu Wife got me one of the next size down from your Lego Millenium Falcon for my birthday this year. I really had fun building it and may have taken a step towards being a Lego nerd.

Rickboy, I will say you should go ahead and get the UCS Star Destroyer that came out last fall. Not as intricate as the Falcon, but still a fun build. My "mid-life crisis" focus is pretty much on LEGO.

Takes a fair amount of disposable income to be a LEGO nerd. Not as expensive as being a Jeep nerd, though.

Rickboy, I will say you should go ahead and get the UCS Star Destroyer that came out last fall. Not as intricate as the Falcon, but still a fun build. My "mid-life crisis" focus is pretty much on LEGO.

Takes a fair amount of disposable income to be a LEGO nerd. Not as expensive as being a Jeep nerd, though.

Yep, the only reason i haven't really taken up the hobby is $. If I had more disposable income, this is exactly what I'd be spending more of my time doing. I'm ready to give up on video games and phone apps.

Also...i need a room. Space is a premium in my home.

Last edited:
Omg, I'm nerding out. I want one of those so bad!

It’s expensive, but man it’s even cooler than the pictures show. It also gave me something to do in the evenings for the first month of the virus lockdown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom