Platooning QBs...??? (1 Viewer)

I don't have an answer on how to play both QB's because it's a bad idea.

I know some people really like Hill for some reason (change of pace), but the dude is Mitch Trubisky with less ability to throw. And each down he touches the ball is one less for Drew Brees.

Well, it'd be after Drew retires...

The reason why some people (and I am some people) is that Taysom is fun to watch.

Speaking of Trubisky, he's started every NFL game he's played. He gets to practice as the starting QB every day. Taysom, on the other hand, he splits time between being the 3rd/wildcat QB and ST's.

Myself, and some other people :), just want to see Taysom get a bona fide chance at playing QB. And, myself and some other people, we aren't convinced Bridgewater is all that.

k, obviously all of the anecdotal evidence for platooning qbs at the nfl level is pretty bad
BUT
there is not much evidence
leaving that aside, the question is

HOW could SP develop an effective platoon system with Teddy and Taysom?
if you feel compelled to say why it can't work, so be it
but the question is 'how can it work?'
platoon-willem-dafoe-as-sgt-elias-arms-up-movie-poster-print.jpg

I am not a big fan of it at College level and doubt I would like it at the pro level. But IMO, Payton has shown me enough on offense and developing QBs that if he decided that we were going to do it, I would pop some popcorn and enjoy it until he either proved it works and scraped it.

I'd vote against attempting the 2 QB System BUT to answer the question of "How Can It Work?"...

The difference we have here lies in Taysom Hill being able to play any position on the offense with relative success. I don't think its ever been attempted with a QB that could easily split out wide or line up at H-Back or TE. The ability to audible and keep defenses guessing would be insane.

Again, don't do it. But if you did...that's why it could work imo

We're paying Teddy because Taysom is not an NFL level starter. I mean it's crystal clear, but some here think he's the second coming of Breesus lol. I have no idea why.

This didn’t hold up well...

This didn’t hold up well...
I’m as thrilled as anyone to see Taysom finally have a solid game at QB, but playing well against a bunch of backups and dudes who won’t be on an NFL team in a few weeks doesn’t make him starting caliber NFL QB. Not yet anyway. I like everyone hope he continues to progress and prove me and others wrong. He sure is fun to watch.

I think some of those who caution at anointing TH7 as the eventual starter, should realize that TH7 has this massive amount of untapped potential and a chip on his shoulder, that could allow him to become great. Honestly, it doesn’t seem like Teddy has that. He talks a good game, but I don’t see game in his game. I told you guys when we made that trade for Teddy, that I don’t get why we did that.
1.) bc Drew was going to be around for awhile longer
2.) his injury (which seems he’s past that)
3.) was never really impressed pre-injury

Now, TH7......dude is highly impressive. Never count a dude out that literally gets inserted in on STs, blocks punts, guns down the field/makes game field changing tackles, splits out wide, gets 1st downs on fake punts, gets snaps at QB/move chains, leaps tall buildings, saves babies, and can wipe out 50% of the world’s population without an infinity gauntlet.

We're paying Teddy because Taysom is not an NFL level starter. I mean it's crystal clear, but some here think he's the second coming of Breesus lol. I have no idea why.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I for one think Taysom can be a very good QB in this league and possibly be a starter one day. As long as he improves his game like he has this year I don't see why not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom