Playcalling (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
First, hear me out. This was the biggest robbery in the history of the NFL. Plain and simple. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able again to watch the game since I believe it's scripted.

However.

Pats' final drive made me wonder. You have Brees and All-Pro Thomas and we literally didn't want to throw the football more than 10 yards. Brady converted 3 or 4 third downs with 7+ yards. On the final drive! Everytime we came to third and long, I knew we won't convert it. We wouldn't convert it 9 times out of 10.

What is Sean so afraid of? Why is playcalling so bad? Why can't we punch it? Why do we always start with BS trick/run shannanigans right in front of the endzone?

The Interception in OT was intended to go to Mike Thomas 15+ yards downfield, and you saw why it was risky. It was a long developing play, Saints had a beat up Offensive Line (every starter was playing with an injury) Rams have a good D-line, led to a pressure and Brees getting hit while throwing.

The ball had to come out quick because you are playing with fire when you want to hold the ball long against Donald, and Suh with a beat up O-line and your 4th string Tight End. People forget Losing Josh Hill was a pretty big impact as he is very important as far as Blocking is concerned. The Saints were down to Arnold, and Griffin at Tight End and it probably hurt their Chip protection plans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom