Played MADDEN 11 last night (Saints/Vikings) (1 Viewer)

Why? Cause I can actually get my BPM past 60 while playing the Wii, vice sitting on my ***** playing console games. The Wii can be quite fun if you do it right.

I have Madden 11 for PS3 and frankly, I am disappointed with it. They have changed the controls to this "one touch" button system. I hate it. I liked being able to press R1 to juke right and L1 to juke left and so on. It seems to me that the computer makes most of the decisions regarding plays and everything else. It has that gameplan feauture which I hate....

I have Madden 11 for PS3 and frankly, I am disappointed with it. They have changed the controls to this "one touch" button system. I hate it. I liked being able to press R1 to juke right and L1 to juke left and so on. It seems to me that the computer makes most of the decisions regarding plays and everything else. It has that gameplan feauture which I hate....

Yes, the Wii is very much like that too, unfortunately. I do like that I can get physical while playing a video game, though. You have to make some game control sacrifices to make it happen.

Why? Cause I can actually get my BPM past 60 while playing the Wii, vice sitting on my ***** playing console games. The Wii can be quite fun if you do it right.

Well that is what I run and lift weights for, I don't rely on a game system to keep me in shape. lol.

BTW, isn't your heart rate suppose to be around that at rest? If your having to play Wii to get your BPM up to 60, you might be a zombie.

I do know that but everything seems to be more computerized and less of a player factor...

I think its just as computerized now as its always been minus the playcalling. But I still chose my own plays most of the time.

Well that is what I run and lift weights for, I don't rely on a game system to keep me in shape. lol.

BTW, isn't your heart rate suppose to be around that at rest? If your having to play Wii to get your BPM up to 60, you might be a zombie.

That is great that you run and lift weights to stay in shape. Here's the thing, stop projecting your personal life with why someone enjoys the physical aspect of playing the Wii. When I was 27, I had a helluva lot more time to do those things than I do now, not that I don't at all. Would you like it if people held over your head what they do that you don't? I can guarantee you there would be quite a bit. Anyways, for me, it is better than sitting down idle playing. That's all. You asked why someone would play the Wii, did you not?

Yes, resting heart rate is ideal at 55-60. However, i did say past 60 (which is obviously a joke).

That is great that you run and lift weights to stay in shape. Here's the thing, stop projecting your personal life with why someone enjoys the physical aspect of playing the Wii. When I was 27, I had a helluva lot more time to do those things than I do now, not that I don't at all. Would you like it if people held over your head what they do that you don't? I can guarantee you there would be quite a bit. Anyways, for me, it is better than sitting down idle playing. That's all. You asked why someone would play the Wii, did you not?

Yes, resting heart rate is ideal at 55-60. However, i did say past 60 (which is obviously a joke).

I wasn't projecting and not really asking the question. It was just a joke.

Gosh...the sensitivity of Wii owners...:hihi:

OK I have not bought M-11 yet but wanted to say that I bought my PS3 last christmas because of the blue ray player and the madden games. so being a rookie with the game myself I play on the rookie level but I really bought the whole game system because I knew it would be the best way for me to learn more about football in general.What better way to learn the different coverages and scheems then through the madden game? I just wanted to know more about the game within the game instead of watching where the football goes.

Well, the main thing I noticed as you increase the difficulty you have to control the players more. You cant just pass the ball on single coverage and expect a reception, you have to switch to the receiver and jump for it at the right time. Also, the DEs and DTs don't get to the qb as easily automatically

The biggest thing IMO that makes you a good player is the ability to use hot routes and control the players presnap (shifting lbs, bump run, setting protection, etc)

I call alot of audibles when I don't like the coach's suggestion

OK I have not bought M-11 yet but wanted to say that I bought my PS3 last christmas because of the blue ray player and the madden games. so being a rookie with the game myself I play on the rookie level but I really bought the whole game system because I knew it would be the best way for me to learn more about football in general.What better way to learn the different coverages and scheems then through the madden game? I just wanted to know more about the game within the game instead of watching where the football goes.

It's actually a fairly good way to get acquainted with a lot of offensive and defensive plays. Just keep in mind that it doesn't cover everything. EA typically keeps the plays and other things pretty basic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom