Opinion Player recovery times for Covid infections. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I will never question anyone in terms of their recovery time for this virus.. I managed to avoid it for 2 years, but this thing has absolutely knocked me on my butt. I've been up and down for 2 solid weeks. The biggest lingering impact is the fatigue and weakness in the extremities. I struggle to get out of bed. No way I could play ball.

I sorta joked about Covid for a long time, and I know everyone's experience is different.. but I have a whole new respect for anyone who catches this crap and struggles to recover. Definitely going to cut our guys some slack from here on out.

I will never question anyone in terms of their recovery time for this virus.. I managed to avoid it for 2 years, but this thing has absolutely knocked me on my butt. I've been up and down for 2 solid weeks. The biggest lingering impact is the fatigue and weakness in the extremities. I struggle to get out of bed. No way I could play ball.

I sorta joked about Covid for a long time, and I know everyone's experience is different.. but I have a whole new respect for anyone who catches this crap and struggles to recover. Definitely going to cut our guys some slack from here on out.
I joked about it as well and I got covid after being Vax it was terrible, I just started feeling better. Its no joke . My wife felt even worst then me.. I was watching Micah Parsons fight through and really begin to respect him as a player. I would say 2 weeks fully back but I understand NFL has resources that can get a player going so maybe a week.

I joked about it as well and I got covid after being Vax it was terrible, I just started feeling better. Its no joke . My wife felt even worst then me.. I was watching Micah Parsons fight through and really begin to respect him as a player. I would say 2 weeks fully back but I understand NFL has resources that can get a player going so maybe a week.
Yeah, my wife has had it worse than me, unfortunately. She's vaccinated, and still had a horrible case of it.

Did ya'll take the monoclonal antibodies and other parts of the Rogan Regime? I promise, every NFL player who got COVID did, and not in a half arse way. Sure it was with IVs, and pumping them full of vitamins as well. Too much money on the line

Did ya'll take the monoclonal antibodies and other parts of the Rogan Regime? I promise, every NFL player who got COVID did, and not in a half arse way. Sure it was with IVs, and pumping them full of vitamins as well. Too much money on the line
No, but I did take some Robitussin and a few Advil. Lol

From what I see and hear everyone reacts differently. I tested positive last Wednesday. I'm fully vaxxed (not boosted) and I felt like I was hit by truck for a day and then I felt fine. My 14 year old tested positive the day before and had the same symptoms as myself. My 11 year old tested positive on Friday and other than the sniffles you wouldn't know he was sick.

I hope you get well soon but I do know if you can compare your body with a world-class athlete.

me and my wife had it, took zinc and vitamin d. she had it worse than i did with congestion/coughing. i basically had a small sinus infection.
Yep, we’ve been taking zinc, D3 and vitamin c, daily. That’s all I took while down with it in august.

I got it once right before the vaccines were available. The sickness was pretty mild overall, but I had brutal fatigue issues for about 2 months afterward. Doing simple things like trying to cook a small meal would wear me out like I had ran a few miles.

I'm on Day 8 right now and am basically completely asymptomatic at this point. I am not vaccinated. I had mistaken my first day of symptoms for a rough hangover, when that continued into day 2 and I was feeling particularly cold I checked my temperature, noticed fever, and got tested. Negative antigen test, but returned a positive PCR (place I went offered me a free PCR test) that came in the next day. By that morning my fever had broken, and the only symptoms I really had was mild congestion and the occasional soreness in my throat. Had I not gotten the positive PCR back I would've thought I was fine over the weekend and just over did it with the partying and chainsmoking, maybe picked up a small bug. I've been able to exercise since last friday, though I haven't ran yet do to being stuck at home. I did deload my squat and bench by 40 lbs just to not over do it.

Now for a long time, even before covid hit, I have made it a point to get some sun as well as a daily "Emergen-C plus" (contains 10 mg zinc) as a my multivitamin plus Milk Thistle, Fish Oil, Turmeric, and a Cal-Mag (also contains 10mg zinc) daily. Since Covid hit I've added a 5000iu vitamin D supp most days going as high as 10k on somedays now that the sun isn't as available. My dad got Covid in August (He's fine, also unvaxxed and 81) and at that point I added a daily dose of Quercetin to my supplement routine. I've also been taking extra zinc (so about 45mg total) since last saturday, but I'm going to discontinue the extra zinc after 7 days. I was also denied the monoclonals but like I said, so far so good. I am in fairly good physical shape but I'm certainly not cut up like a lot of these NFL athletes nor do I have access to professional sports nutritionists, chefs, an on-call doctor, etc.

I'm very thankful that I've had a mild case, I can imagine most top level athletes probably have even a milder case than I did so I can definitely see how the turn around would be even shorter for a good portion of them.

Hope anyone dealing with covid, no matter their circumstances, gets well soon or stays well if they're already feeling good.

I got it once right before the vaccines were available. The sickness was pretty mild overall, but I had brutal fatigue issues for about 2 months afterward. Doing simple things like trying to cook a small meal would wear me out like I had ran a few miles.
Fatigue stuck with me for awhile too.

Fatigue stuck with me for awhile too.
I'll take a few months of being overly-tired over struggling to breathe every time. I had zero lung issues (no congestion or coughing). Just a mildly annoying fever and some chills for about a day. For two days after I had a general sense of being sick but really didn't outwardly show it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom