players or coaches? (1 Viewer)

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
do our coaches make our players better?

over a 16 game season reggie could not hit the whole, henderson could not catch, our d-line could get no pressure, david bites on qb play action or goes for the wr double move, harper can't stay with the deep wr, etc.

how come our players do not adjust?, is it the quality of the players or the coaches?

my question is not one or two games but the entire season.

I don't think it's the coaches job to make a player better, that's totally on the determination of the player. How much work they put into making them selves better. The position coaches can show them techniques to get more efficient an better at their position but it is up to the player to learn and practice. However, a good coach adjusts his schemes to fit the abilities of the players he has instead of making the player adapt to a system he doesn't fit into. It's hard enough in the NFL to find good to moderate players so a coach that can take players and design a system to fit what they do best is one that can get the most out of what he has. This is why i think New England is the best TEAM ever built. I think it was their last Super Bowl win, both starting CB's were hurt and they started two rookies or young players. Not only that but they took one of their best WR's, Troy Brown, and turned him into a CB for almost the whole year. It doesn't matter who plays what position, Bellichek can adapt the scheme to fit who ever is in there and thats what makes that team great.

Well the coaches can't make Harper run faster or control Devery's hands when he's trying to make a catch. And while Bush struggled in the running game, he also had some good rushing games as well. I don't blame our coaches at all for players under-performing. Like the poster above said, that's on the players themselves. It has much more to do with work ethic and concentratin than the quality of coaches.

Having said that, some of our coaches could have done a better job adjusting gameplans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom