Players Saints looking at in the Senior Bowl... (1 Viewer)

Serna is the guy that missed all the kicks against LSU in 2004.

He's also the guy that then proceeded to win the Lou Groza award for best kicker.

Anybody know where Cromartie is slotted to go? The guy has been rising up the charts these past few weeks....

Not that I think we should go with a WR, but Royal and DJ Hall would be a nice addition if available AFTER the D is addressed.

Anybody know where Cromartie is slotted to go? The guy has been rising up the charts these past few weeks....

A lot of "experts" have moved him into the 2nd round, some as high as the time we have our 2nd pick.

I think there is always some question marks with small school CBs, but guys like R. Mathis and D. Florence have certainly proven that small school CBs can be solid, and in some cases elite, NFL players.

I went to youtube and looked at Eddie Royal that guy is awesome at returns and WR... i would maybe pick this guy 3rd or 4th round if he don't go before then... HE HAS D. HESTER SKILLS AT RETURNS... see for yourself :9:

They highlighted a DT named Law from Notre Dame. He looked impressive in the highlight reels and he played all 50 games. Does anyone know anything about him?

They highlighted a DT named Law from Notre Dame. He looked impressive in the highlight reels and he played all 50 games. Does anyone know anything about him?

Trevor Laws was an outstanding player. Could play inside in the 4-3 or outside in the 3-4. The question is whether his college production equates to pro potential. He's short (I don't recall his exact size) for a DE/DT and that will likely cause him to slide in the draft as opposed to where his production and skills might actually warrant him being selected. He's certainly not a speed guy, or for that matter a run stuffer...he just kind of finds a way to be around the ball carrier.

As a ND fan it was a privilege to watch him for 3, and almost the better part of 4 years. He's the type of person I would want on my team, even if it's just in a reserve role, though even I question how he will be in the NFL.

I saw a Saints scout (at least I assumed him to be scout, could have just been some wierd saints fan that got creditials) looking and talking with Presely a DT or DE from NC state (couldn't really tell if he was a DE or DT and don't feel like looking it up).

Last edited:
Trevor Laws was an outstanding player. Could play inside in the 4-3 or outside in the 3-4. The question is whether his college production equates to pro potential. He's short (I don't recall his exact size) for a DE/DT and that will likely cause him to slide in the draft as opposed to where his production and skills might actually warrant him being selected. He's certainly not a speed guy, or for that matter a run stuffer...he just kind of finds a way to be around the ball carrier.

As a ND fan it was a privilege to watch him for 3, and almost the better part of 4 years. He's the type of person I would want on my team, even if it's just in a reserve role, though even I question how he will be in the NFL.

The highlights I saw didn't reveal too much because it was mainly just soft contact type of practice. More going through the motions than anything, so I really couldn't see if he's fast or strong. He was around the ball alot though and that's something that's not as easy to coach as it is to gain strength. If he is a bit weak, he can change that. I did like what I saw and I am leaning towards a DT/NT in the 1st round if possible, but I guess he's not worth the 1st round. Is he worth a late rounder?

The highlights I saw didn't reveal too much because it was mainly just soft contact type of practice. More going through the motions than anything, so I really couldn't see if he's fast or strong. He was around the ball alot though and that's something that's not as easy to coach as it is to gain strength. If he is a bit weak, he can change that. I did like what I saw and I am leaning towards a DT/NT in the 1st round if possible, but I guess he's not worth the 1st round. Is he worth a late rounder?

He's not worth a 1st rounder and probably isn't on the Saints radar to any significant degree, simply because he doesn't really fill a true position of need for us in terms of his skill set. Based on production and skills he's probably a mid to late 2nd round type of talent, but the few projections I've seen had him as a 3rd rounder. Of course we all know how volatile the 3rd round projections are. Have an amazing day at a practice or pro day and you might jump a round or two...have just the slightest of question marks and you're all of a sudden a 2nd day pick waiting for the phone to ring.

Personally I'd expect Laws to go in the 3rd just like the few projections I've seen.

Combined List so far.

QB
John David Booty (QB, USC)

RB
None

WR
Andre Caldwell (WR, Florida)
DJ Hall (WR, Alabama)
Donnie Avery (WR, Houston)
Dorien Bryant (WR, Purdue)
Eddie Royal (WR, VA Tech)

TE
Martin Rucker (TE, Missouri)
Brad Cottam (TE, Tennessee)
Kellen Davis (TE, Mich State)

OL
Drew Radovich (G, USC)
Kory Lichtensteiger (C, Bowling Green)
Mike McGlynn (T, Pitt)
Chard Rinehart (T, Northern Iowa)
Mike Pollak (C, Arizona State)

DL
Jason Jones (DE, Eastern Mich)
Titus Brown (DE, Miss State)
Chris Ellis (DE, VA Tech)
Andre Fluellen (DT, Florida State)

LB
Dan Connor (LB, Penn State)

DB
Dominque Rogers Cromartie (CB, Tenn State)
Terrence Wheatley (CB, Colorado)
Terrell Thomas (CB, USC)
Thomas DeCoud (S, Cal)
Patrick Lee (CB, Auburn)

K/P
Alex Serna (K, Oregon State)
Mike Dragosavich (P, North Dakota State)
Brandon Coutu (K, Georiga)
Garrison Sanborn (LS, Florida State)

What we can take away.

- We are obviously looking at CBs.
- We have looked at a lot of WRs, but the list includes a lot of guys who return kicks and punts. I would guess that we have identified a need at returner more than at receiver.
- We may try to fill the holes we currently have at center and tight end (both centers and our top two TEs are free agents) through the draft.
- We may be looking to bring in a situational pass rusher. All the DEs we looked at are quite undersized.
- We may bring in a kicker.

At the North practice yesterday on NFL Network, he was destroying people in the 11-on-11s and OLvDL drills. I mean he looked as good as the USC guy. If he is there in the 2nd round, I would love to get him.

PS...I need to update my sig. I don't think we are gonna win this year's superbowl and I don't think LSU's Basketball team is going anywhere...but the LSU prediction came true and the way the Hornets look...hmm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom