Players Saints looking at in the Senior Bowl... (1 Viewer)

Not trying to be a homer but Ali Highsmith has been getting the praises of Mike Singletary....im not saying, but im just saying....he would be an awesome 2nd round pick if he is there

QB
John David Booty (QB, USC)

[

I was reading the QB scouting reports over on espn and was thinking Booty would be a good 4th rounder. He is a west-coast system QB, and his greatest strengths are accuracy, qb smarts, and leadership. Hmm, that sounds like a guy we already have on our roster. I think he wears #9. Booty would be a great QB to groom behind him

RE: the title of this thread,,,,,I would hope they are looking at every single player at the Senior Bowl.

Add Dantrell Savage, RB Oklahome State, to the list:

"Just because I am small, (NFL teams) are concerned because they want to see how I block someone bigger. I'm not concerned, though," Savage said. "They tell me they are impressed with my strength because I am so small and it surprises them that I can be physical."

Savage said the New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins have shown the most interest in him, but with a good game Saturday, other teams could give him some attention.

"Basically since I have been here, I have progressed real well," Savage said. "I think I have been improving day by day and that's a good deal for me."
http://www.gulflive.com/sports/mississippipress/index.ssf?/base/sports/1201259728135870.xml
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DdnH9Ws2Dfs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DdnH9Ws2Dfs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I'm sure they have a basketball playa that could convert to TE?
Nope. They're all spindly. Perhps Osby, but I'm unsure of his hands.

Oh well, I'll settle for Dre Moore at DT and Erin Henderson at LB:ezbill:

Combined List so far.

QB
John David Booty (QB, USC)

RB
None

WR
Andre Caldwell (WR, Florida)
DJ Hall (WR, Alabama)
Donnie Avery (WR, Houston)
Dorien Bryant (WR, Purdue)
Eddie Royal (WR, VA Tech)

TE
Martin Rucker (TE, Missouri)
Brad Cottam (TE, Tennessee)
Kellen Davis (TE, Mich State)

OL
Drew Radovich (G, USC)
Kory Lichtensteiger (C, Bowling Green)
Mike McGlynn (T, Pitt)
Chard Rinehart (T, Northern Iowa)
Mike Pollak (C, Arizona State)

DL
Jason Jones (DE, Eastern Mich)
Titus Brown (DE, Miss State)
Chris Ellis (DE, VA Tech)
Andre Fluellen (DT, Florida State)

LB
Dan Connor (LB, Penn State)

DB
Dominque Rogers Cromartie (CB, Tenn State)
Terrence Wheatley (CB, Colorado)
Terrell Thomas (CB, USC)
Thomas DeCoud (S, Cal)
Patrick Lee (CB, Auburn)

K/P
Alex Serna (K, Oregon State)
Mike Dragosavich (P, North Dakota State)
Brandon Coutu (K, Georiga)
Garrison Sanborn (LS, Florida State)

What we can take away.

- We are obviously looking at CBs.
- We have looked at a lot of WRs, but the list includes a lot of guys who return kicks and punts. I would guess that we have identified a need at returner more than at receiver.
- We may try to fill the holes we currently have at center and tight end (both centers and our top two TEs are free agents) through the draft.
- We may be looking to bring in a situational pass rusher. All the DEs we looked at are quite undersized.
- We may bring in a kicker.

Well Titus Brown started his career at MSU as a LB and he has been called a tweener because he may end up being a LB or DE in the Pros. He has the frame to add more weight to be a bigger DE or lose a little weight to gain more speed to be a LB. He would be a good back up and speed rusher on third downs.

I wouldn't mind seeing UGA K Brandon Coutu brought in (not as a draft pick) he was money for UGA.

Houston WR Donnie Avery is fast....could be a KR/PR same with Bama's DJ Hall.

From what everyone has said about Cromartie I would love to see him here next season.

The one thing I do know is our expectations for the team for next year will be set fairly soon once we see who we get in free agency and the draft. Once we see what kind of moves we do on draft day and who we end up taking(no Pittman-like moves please) will help (this board especially) see what we are looking at for next year.

Geaux Saints!!!

hmm.. everyone saying we can't get ellis or dorsey if we stay at 10.. how about taking Dan Conner in the first.. and grabbing a guy like Okam in the 2nd..

hmm.. everyone saying we can't get ellis or dorsey if we stay at 10.. how about taking Dan Conner in the first.. and grabbing a guy like Okam in the 2nd..

Conner has not look good this week. Too inconsistant, slow, and got ran over numerous times today. Not worth 10th pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom