players that should of not gone in the PB and players that should have (1 Viewer)

Joe has celebrated plenty of touchdowns/first downs in games that were well out of reach for the Saints.

And there have never been rumors of Roy being a divisive force in the locker room, like there have with Joe.

NOT- Jeremey Shockey, Tony Romo, Anquan Boldin, Philip Rivers

Should-Jason Witten, Roy Williams (WR), Lee Evans, Tom Brady

anyone agree?

Tom Brady -- no. He has not played well or consistent this year. Peyton Manning, who is really the best qb in the league, led all the voting. :ezbill:

I am disappointed Colston did not make it. I feel perhaps he would have if he had not gotten hurt and had continued to light 'em up. However, he is new to voters and will get his share of pro bowls in the future, as will Bush.

Drew Brees came in the top five in vote getting. Well-deserved.

Tony Romo did not deserve it, as he played only half the year. It is some sort of thing people have about the Dallas Cowboys.

Rivers coasted in because he is qb of a super team.

Why does it matter that Romo has only played half the season? That argument can actually be used to solidify the case for him. The Cowboys were going nowhere with Bledsoe. In steps a guy who has hardly taken any live snaps in an NFL game, and all of a sudden the Cowboys are in the playoffs and Superbowl contenders. He's doing something right. What Tony has going for him this year is that the NFC is weak at the QB position. No one stands out besides Brees. I think Romo deserves to go, 8 games or not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

DeAngelo Hall has no business being in the pro-bowl this year! Walt Harris, Charles Woodson, Al Harris, and Mike McKenzie should have all been ahead of MeAngelo.

The real shame WR pick is Torry Holt. He has only had 2 or 3 good games this year and a whole bunch of really bad ones. Steve Smith's production has been hampered by Delhomme's inconsistancy and injury, but there is no doubt that I would not rather have any other receiver in the NFC. I personally think Colston and Roy Williams should have made it also. Colston has the numbers and Williams is the best player on a very bad offense. Holt has no excuse. He is a very talented receiver with a good QB and a good back field. His production may look good overall, but from game to game has been very below average.

Wahoo: You also have to look at the offenses. Witten has turned into a very good blocker (better than Shockey), has another highly touted TE in Fasano to deal with, and has to split touches with Barber, Julius Jones, Owens, and Glenn. Still, I would probably give Shockey a _very_ slight edge. I also completely agree about Lynch. He is living on name recognition here. Even if he is having a relatively decent season, he should not be in the Pro Bowl.

I'd replace:

Tony Gonzalez with Todd Heap

I didn't look at the AFC until just now, but Gonzo over Heap is an absolute sham. Heap is the best TE in football.

Yeah, I was thinking Heap over Gonzalez as well. And as much as I dislike the guy, might even be able to make a case for Winslow over Gonzo.

As far as your argument about Witten goes -- I completely understand what you are getting at. Certainly the players on every team have an impact on the performance of each other, but exactly where and when do you draw the line on how a system or scheme affects things ? For example, should a good WR be bumped up because he plays with a mediocre QB ? Should a LB be downgraded because he's surrounded by other good LBs ? I don't really know the answer, just throwing it out there for discussion. And guess I just see the 6 TD differential between Shockey and Witten as very significant, irregardless of their respective situations...:shrug:

Roy Williams, Marques Colston, Demco Ryans, Brian Westbrook -- off the top of my head

I'd give the edge to Shockey over Witten also.

For sure Colston. I don't see how he didn't make it. I guess because of his injury. Just goes to show, you have to be on the field every game.

where and when do you draw the line on how a system or scheme affects things ? For example, should a good WR be bumped up because he plays with a mediocre QB ? Should a LB be downgraded because he's surrounded by other good LBs ? I don't really know the answer,

I don't really either. That's why it's tough to make a decision for that fourth spot between Colston, Bolding, and Roy. One could say that Roy or Anquan would probably have huge numbers in our system. Not sure if I disagree or agree, but what Roy is doing on a crap team is pretty impressive.

I don't really either. That's why it's tough to make a decision for that fourth spot between Colston, Bolding, and Roy. One could say that Roy or Anquan would probably have huge numbers in our system. Not sure if I disagree or agree, but what Roy is doing on a crap team is pretty impressive.

Or you could say Roy is getting all those yards and stats because he plays on a crap team. Hes the only real weapon and gets alot of balls thrown at him. Meanwhile Colston plays in an Offense that spreads the ball around more then any other team in the NFL, yet even missing 3 games he's still managed to have his stats.

Or you could say Roy is getting all those yards and stats because he plays on a crap team. Hes the only real weapon and gets alot of balls thrown at him. Meanwhile Colston plays in an Offense that spreads the ball around more then any other team in the NFL, yet even missing 3 games he's still managed to have his stats.

He's got fewer catches than both Colston and Boldin

He's got fewer catches than both Colston and Boldin

I never said he had more. But he is the only deep threat on their team. On ours we have 3 WR's that can and do go deep at any given time.

He is THE guy on that offense. I'd like to see that chart Diat is always showing trying to prove that Devery doesn't drop balls. Be interesting to see how many passes have actually be thrown at him.

NOT- Jeremey Shockey, Tony Romo, Anquan Boldin, Philip Rivers

Should-Jason Witten, Roy Williams (WR), Lee Evans, Tom Brady

anyone agree?

Why the disrespect for Romo???

Go to nlf.com and look at his numbers and name me 3 other guys that should go above him that are playing right now.

Brees, Bulger, and Romo are the top three since McNabb is hurt. I say the players and coaches got it right.:ezbill: :ezbill: :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom