players that should of not gone in the PB and players that should have (1 Viewer)

Romo, and Roy Williams should NOT have gotten in. Romo has not played enough to earn a spot. Honestly I think McNAbb should have been named and then Romo picked to sub for him.

Umm, please clarify this statement please.

McNabb started 10 games (played in about 9.5 of those). Romo started 8 games, played on 10 games (played in about 8.5 out of that 10) of those.

Is there some type of magical cutoff between 8.5 games and 9.5 games? If you want to argue the merit of Romo vs. McNabb based on importance to team, stats, or whatever...good deal. But how can you say Romo has not played enough, when McNabb has played about the same?

Last edited:
Mike Carney should be there instead of Mack Strong...what has he done this year?

Carney is a beast!!!!!!!

Lynch as one of the AFC free safeties over Kerry Rhodes is laughable.

Rhodes: 4 INTs, 3 forced fumbles, 13 passes defensed, 4 sacks, 71 tackles
Lynch: 0 INTs, 1 forced fumbles, 4 passes defensed, 0 sacks, 48 tackles

Stats aren't everything, but come on...:shrug:

Just wondering if anyone feels like this...would you agree that Shawne Merriman shouldn't go to the Pro Bowl or win any individual honors this season because of his steroid suspension? And before anyone jumps on me, I think the same thing applies to Hollis Thomas. Next year, sure. But it doesn't feel right to award him during a season in which he tested positive for a performance enhancer.

does anyone feel like the pro bowl is just a over hyped popularity contest??? I DO!!! come on, the voting for fans has been going on for a few weeks....why do fans votes even count?? most fan voters are homers for their favorite team and players....it's all just silly....no reason to get al riled up over it....that being said, only LSU players on the saints roster deserve to make the pro bowl

One of you wants to leave Steve Smith out of the Pro Bowl. Wow. I hope my sarcasm meter is just broken and this was not a serious post. Then you want to take a guy out (Adalius Thomas) who is having a fantastic year, but have no idea who to replace him with?

Another wants Karney over Mack Strong and asks "what has Mack Strong done?". I'm guessing this is just temporary shortsightedness following Karney's 3 TD game. Strong is THE best blocking fullback in football (Lo Neal is the only one close). He paved the way for Alexander's huge year last year, and turned the VERY below-average Maurice Morris into a serviceable running back. He pretty much singlehandedly kept the Seahawks ground game alive when Alexander was hurt, even with the loss of Hutchison.

Wahoo: You also have to look at the offenses. Witten has turned into a very good blocker (better than Shockey), has another highly touted TE in Fasano to deal with, and has to split touches with Barber, Julius Jones, Owens, and Glenn. Still, I would probably give Shockey a _very_ slight edge. I also completely agree about Lynch. He is living on name recognition here. Even if he is having a relatively decent season, he should not be in the Pro Bowl.

I'd replace:

Evil Roy Williams with either Sean Taylor or Ken Hamlin
Anquan Boldin with Good Roy Williams
Lynch with Rhodes (as Wahoo mentioned)
Tony Gonzalez with Todd Heap

I didn't look at the AFC until just now, but Gonzo over Heap is an absolute sham. Heap is the best TE in football.

i agree its bs letting a cheater in there

I still don't get why you'd put Roy Williams over Colston. Colston has missed 3 games, yet still has almost the same number of yards and receptions and he has 3 more TD's.

And never refer to Roy Williams as "The Good". The guys a jerk and clown off the field.

What has Williams ever done off of the field to be a jerk?

Just because he's enthusiastic when he plays doesn't mean anything. He's never caused any problems with the Lions locker room or coaching staff.

Maybe not "jerk" maybe more "egotistical idiot". My favorite Williams moment was when he guranteed a victory of Chicago and said "it was stupid how close we were to scoring 40 points in that game" of the Seattle game before (where they scored 6).

They scored 7 vs Chicago.

Oops

Just because he's enthusiastic when he plays doesn't mean anything. He's never caused any problems with the Lions locker room or coaching staff.

You think saying it doesn't matter if they are winning or losing goes over to well with the coaching staff or that locker room?

Hes a me first player. He showed that the first 4 games of the season.

You think saying it doesn't matter if they are winning or losing goes over to well with the coaching staff or that locker room?

Hes a me first player. He showed that the first 4 games of the season.

That's not what he said. He said that he was going to get fired up when he did something good, regardless of whether the team was winning or losing. Nothing wrong with that. It sure as hell beats giving up like the rest of the team has.

That's not what he said. He said that he was going to get fired up when he did something good, regardless of whether the team was winning or losing. Nothing wrong with that. It sure as hell beats giving up like the rest of the team has.

"The score means nothing to me" is what he said.

Sounds like all he cares about is getting "his".

When your getting blown out you don't celebrate a TD. If you do its pretty obvious your letting your ego get bigger then the game.

Once again. Colston has pratically the same number of receptions and yards, and almost doubles him in TD's. All while playing in 3 less games. Colston > Roy Williams this year..ez

"The score means nothing to me" is what he said.

Sounds like all he cares about is getting "his".

When your getting blown out you don't celebrate a TD. If you do its pretty obvious your letting your ego get bigger then the game.

Again, out of context.

He was talking about in relation to his celebrations for first downs and whatnot. He was saying that "the score has no effect on whether I am going to celebrate or not". Again, better than playing dead like the rest of the team.

He has been one of the very few bright spots on that team.

Again, out of context.

He was talking about in relation to his celebrations for first downs and whatnot. He was saying that "the score has no effect on whether I am going to celebrate or not". Again, better than playing dead like the rest of the team.

He has been one of the very few bright spots on that team.

That context sounds about right. Pretty much gives me the same feeling.

Anyone whos going to celebrate while getting blown out gives the impression that all he cares about is whether hes doing well or not.

You can rationalize anything. You can rationlize half of what TO does. Either way. Colston > Williams this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom