NFL Players will get an opt-out option for 2020. (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
According to CBS Sports... Players will have the option to pass on playing in 2020 w/out any penalties.

If a Saints player chooses to sit out... how will you feel about it? I know of one right off the top of my head, that I bet chooses to sit...

But would they be able to opt back in during the middle of the season?

I can't imagine too many players on the Saints wanting to opt out. These players know this is their best opportunity to get a Super Bowl Victory after putting in many years of hard work and being close in 2018.

Well this is going to be interesting if they have a season. If many teams have players do this, is it going to be like playing for a championship in a scab season? Will it always have an asterisk? Going to be extremely interesting on a team by team basis.

Well this is going to be interesting if they have a season. If many teams have players do this, is it going to be like playing for a championship in a scab season? Will it always have an asterisk? Going to be extremely interesting on a team by team basis.
If Washington’s Super Bowl run during the strike year doesn’t have one, this won’t.

Whats funny is that TWO of the Washington Football Club's three Super Bowls have been during strike shortened season of 1982 and a season that featured scab players and a canceled game, 1987.

But I didn't read that fact brought up once in the renaming thread. In fact I heard people saying that the fact that they are a storied franchise with 3 Super Bowl wins is a reason the they have been so slow move towards renaming. So any asterisk isn't really going to stick if you ask me.

Whats funny is that TWO of the Washington Football Club's three Super Bowls have been during strike shortened season of 1982 and a season that featured scab players and a canceled game, 1987.

But I didn't read that fact brought up once in the renaming thread. In fact I heard people saying that the fact that they are a storied franchise with 3 Super Bowl wins is a reason the they have been so slow move towards renaming. So any asterisk isn't really going to stick if you ask me.

Side note if some games are canceled it might not hurt to throw a few hundred bucks on the Washington team to win the Super Bowl. :hihi:

1594241110322.png

hmmmmmmm...

Hmmmm. How about the Washington Asterisks

According to CBS Sports... Players will have the option to pass on playing in 2020 w/out any penalties.

If a Saints player chooses to sit out... how will you feel about it? I know of one right off the top of my head, that I bet chooses to sit...

I would absolutely support them. We don't know what issues or compromised situation they may have at home; and we don't (yet) know the health protocols they will go through to avoid risks that aren't "necessary." I'm not going to fault any player from staying home if they are worried about their health or (even more) that of a loved one. After all, they are making a decision to give up million(s) of dollars to do so in that case.

As long as we get the Lombardi they can put as many asterisks by it that they want to.

I can't imagine too many players on the Saints wanting to opt out. These players know this is their best opportunity to get a Super Bowl Victory after putting in many years of hard work and being close in 2018.
I agree. A top-tier team, like the Saints, would have an excellent opportunity to win it all if they play teams with predominantly replacement players. I hope they go for it. That being said, as more news like this comes out I worry more that the season may not happen. Just our luck when we have what's set to be the best team in the conference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom