NFL Players will get an opt-out option for 2020. (1 Viewer)

Saint Lattimore

Restricted Airspace
Reaction score
According to CBS Sports... Players will have the option to pass on playing in 2020 w/out any penalties.

If a Saints player chooses to sit out... how will you feel about it? I know of one right off the top of my head, that I bet chooses to sit...

Chris

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But would they be able to opt back in during the middle of the season?

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
I can't imagine too many players on the Saints wanting to opt out. These players know this is their best opportunity to get a Super Bowl Victory after putting in many years of hard work and being close in 2018.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is going to be interesting if they have a season. If many teams have players do this, is it going to be like playing for a championship in a scab season? Will it always have an asterisk? Going to be extremely interesting on a team by team basis.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well this is going to be interesting if they have a season. If many teams have players do this, is it going to be like playing for a championship in a scab season? Will it always have an asterisk? Going to be extremely interesting on a team by team basis.
If Washington’s Super Bowl run during the strike year doesn’t have one, this won’t.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
Whats funny is that TWO of the Washington Football Club's three Super Bowls have been during strike shortened season of 1982 and a season that featured scab players and a canceled game, 1987.

But I didn't read that fact brought up once in the renaming thread. In fact I heard people saying that the fact that they are a storied franchise with 3 Super Bowl wins is a reason the they have been so slow move towards renaming. So any asterisk isn't really going to stick if you ask me.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
Whats funny is that TWO of the Washington Football Club's three Super Bowls have been during strike shortened season of 1982 and a season that featured scab players and a canceled game, 1987.

But I didn't read that fact brought up once in the renaming thread. In fact I heard people saying that the fact that they are a storied franchise with 3 Super Bowl wins is a reason the they have been so slow move towards renaming. So any asterisk isn't really going to stick if you ask me.
Side note if some games are canceled it might not hurt to throw a few hundred bucks on the Washington team to win the Super Bowl. :hihi:

1594241110322.png

hmmmmmmm...

saintcool13

Free Agent
Reaction score

Hmmmm. How about the Washington Asterisks

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
According to CBS Sports... Players will have the option to pass on playing in 2020 w/out any penalties.

If a Saints player chooses to sit out... how will you feel about it? I know of one right off the top of my head, that I bet chooses to sit...
I would absolutely support them. We don't know what issues or compromised situation they may have at home; and we don't (yet) know the health protocols they will go through to avoid risks that aren't "necessary." I'm not going to fault any player from staying home if they are worried about their health or (even more) that of a loved one. After all, they are making a decision to give up million(s) of dollars to do so in that case.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As long as we get the Lombardi they can put as many asterisks by it that they want to.

Damarabi

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't imagine too many players on the Saints wanting to opt out. These players know this is their best opportunity to get a Super Bowl Victory after putting in many years of hard work and being close in 2018.
I agree. A top-tier team, like the Saints, would have an excellent opportunity to win it all if they play teams with predominantly replacement players. I hope they go for it. That being said, as more news like this comes out I worry more that the season may not happen. Just our luck when we have what's set to be the best team in the conference.

Consiglieri

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That could be fun. Brees/MT/AK against a bunch of Falcons scabs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonsw Saints Former Saints players you will always have a soft spot for who are currently active players Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Tuesday game vs. Kings will likely mean larger roles for Pelicans young players Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints Sign Bradham, Fowler and Waive Ten Players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 7: Sean Payton happy with Jameis Winston and two players added to reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2 Saints players put on Covid-19 list Locker Room (Smack Allowed) 100
N/S Raiders lied to players about Gruden having Covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Walker: Saints being proactive by renting Loews Hotel for players, staff during camp Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints cut Taylor Stallworth, training camp roster down to 80 players SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze Saints News: Saints release nine players Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 11
Saints trying to insulate players as much as possible Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 3: Saints release 9 players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints cut nine players, including Tommylee Lewis Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints cut 9 players including Tommylee Lewis, Adrian Magee Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Article Mike Detillier: A look at Saints’ players working to take the next step Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Dan in Lafayette Mike Detillier: A look at Saints’ players working to take the next step SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Marcus Williams among 8 Saints players on Top 101 list SR News Page Articles 0
Linebacker Nigel Bradham is a starter-quality option for the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: No fans, silent Superdome for Saints opener another reminder of weird 2020 season ahead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints officially announce Week 1 2020 home opener will be played without fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Alvin Kamara reveals 2019 injury and new offseason approach to prepare for 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-12-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Jack N/S Hard Knocks 2020 On HBO Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 11, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-11-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints Post-cutdown 2020 53-man roster projection Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 25 Saints of 2020: No. 7, Terron Armstead SR News Page Articles 0
insidejob Opinion Top 33 Quarterbacks for 2020 NFL Season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Swin Cash & Caron Butler on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - August 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
3 big questions to consider as Saints prepare for 2020 season and beyond Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 10, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Complex Kid The Ringer: Could 2020 Be the End of the Saints’ High-Wire Act? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-10-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 9, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Marcus Davenport's goal for 2020? Outplay Cameron Jordan SR News Page Articles 0
Poll: If You Were an NFL Player, Would You Opt-Out for 2020 Season? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
ktmoze Projecting the Tight Ends to make the Saints 53-Man Roster in 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 7, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Why Saints' Marcus Davenport will have a T.J. Watt-type edge rusher breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Inside Look: Saints Media Day 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
New Orleans Pelicans Weekly Show - August 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 6, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 6: Sean Payton speaks on coaches opting out of the 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Top 2020 training camp battles for Saints: Backup quarterback, receiver and tight end all question marks SR News Page Articles 0
Transcript: Pelicans forward Nicolò Melli media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Transcript: Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry media availability - August 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 5, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Pelicans News Around the Web (8-5-2020) Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Team Preview Series: New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Five things to know about the Pelicans on Aug. 4, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0