NFL Players will get an opt-out option for 2020. (1 Viewer)

I can't imagine too many players on the Saints wanting to opt out. These players know this is their best opportunity to get a Super Bowl Victory after putting in many years of hard work and being close in 2018.
That could be fun. Brees/MT/AK against a bunch of Falcons scabs.

Hmmm....

I think with such a short career span it would be hard to sit out. Think about how short the average player plays. What is it, like 2.5 years? That is averaging in all the 10+ year careers. Some of these guys are only going to get this year as their shot...I think it will be hard for them. Those chasing records or prolonging streaks will also think long and hard about sitting out i would think.

On the other hand, if you are immune compromised, how do you go to work?

According to CBS Sports... Players will have the option to pass on playing in 2020 w/out any penalties.

If a Saints player chooses to sit out... how will you feel about it? I know of one right off the top of my head, that I bet chooses to sit...

The quicker you accept there will be no season, the easier it will be.

There are over 1600 players a week playing the game suited up. There is no way to contain this virus with that many people.

According to CBS Sports... Players will have the option to pass on playing in 2020 w/out any penalties.

If a Saints player chooses to sit out... how will you feel about it? I know of one right off the top of my head, that I bet chooses to sit...

Playing ball, sweating, breathing heavy, body against body. That's pretty risky. When a player sits back and thinks about his future and his family, I personally will support their decision 100%. Not to say I won't be disappointed if some of our players sit out, but I will respect their decision as human beings!

Last edited:
One of the great thing about having a CBA... I wonder how NCAA is protecting athletes
... Oh wait.

Did you all see where the Ivy league schools cancellled all fall sports for 2020?

As Coach Guido said yesterday, if he was still a college HC, he would not want his players playing this season out of concern for them, their families and his coaches. But then again, college players don't get paid much. Can anyone tell me why all Ut Longhirn players mothers drive BMWs?

Did you all see where the Ivy league schools cancellled all fall sports for 2020?
With all due respect to the Ivy League sports, they could drop sports all together and it won’t affect those schools bottom line. Sports aren’t the focal point for those schools like the SEC, Pac 12 or Big Ten.

So if players don't play, do they only get the guaranteed money on their contracts? Not this year's base salary?
If that's the case, it'll only be players that already "got that bag" that sit out.

And if nothing else, it would be a good season of player development. A whole year of pre-season.

So if players don't play, do they only get the guaranteed money on their contracts? Not this year's base salary?
If that's the case, it'll only be players that already "got that bag" that sit out.

And if nothing else, it would be a good season of player development. A whole year of pre-season.
Pretty sure it pauses their contract. They'll keep the gtd money, but their next contract year won't be till 2022.

With all due respect to the Ivy League sports, they could drop sports all together and it won’t affect those schools bottom line. Sports aren’t the focal point for those schools like the SEC, Pac 12 or Big Ten.

Spot-on. One is supposedly an education 1st where the pros play for pay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom