Playing madden on the wii... (1 Viewer)

oysters

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Has anyone played madden on a wii console? I'm looking to buy a new system when the new madden game comes out. The xbox 360 or ps3 are my first choice but my wife wants a wii. She said her friend lover it! I said "I'm not taking gaming advice from your 40 year old mother of 3...no offense" (always gotta add that).

Anyway, from what I can tell, madden looks lame on the wii. can someone back me up on this? Oh, and i'm looking to stream netflix but I already know there's a thread about that.

Thanks.

I am an admitted Xbox 360 fanboy, but I do own a PS3 and a Wii. The Wii is the biggest gaming mistake I've ever made. Honestly, your best all-around option might be the PS3, and here's why. It offers all the HD gaming YOU want, but you might be able to hook her in with the blu-ray. <----- WARNING: This might require purchasing Brokeback Mountain, The Notebook, and a few other titles that you might not want to be around for.

The Wii is a novelty. The only thing worth a **** on the Wii are Mario and Zelda titles. Can I ask what she wants it for? Is it Wii Fit? Because I've seen more women buy a Wii for Wii Fit (including my very own sister) than I care to remember. My Wii, and my sisters Wii, are both lined up to be handed over to our nephew when he's old enough.. if that tells you anything. :hihi:

The other option is getting BOTH the Wii and the 360/PS3, but I realize that's not always an option.

Also, we have a video game board @ http://198.104.135.225/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9, just in case you felt like talking **** about the Wii. It's one of the many things we enjoy doing. :ezbill:

The Wii is fantastic if you're playing games meant for it. However, Madden on the Wii is gimmicky and not fun. Also depending on your tv, the 360 or PS3 is better for Netflix streaming as you can hook up those consoles via HDMI and stream HD content.

the ps3 is coming out with motion controls in the fall...It's called Playstation Move

while it's not for me, it looks very much like the wii....

<object id='ignplayer' width='480' height='270' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=gdc10_sonymove_trailer&object=14318622'/></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://ps3.ign.com/objects/143/14318622.html'>PlayStation Move at IGN.com</a></div>

The Wii is very cool for casual gaming and Netflix watching. Madden, from what I have seen is not really cool on the Wii.

If online is your thing go with the 360. I own both PS3 and 360.

My sister has a wii, so I bought madden 09 for it when it came out. I played it once & never touched it again.

I don't own any of the systems, but I do play Wii sometimes at the Wii Store and the only game worth anything was Tiger Woods golf. All the rest were kiddie type games with cartoonish graphics.

If you've got kids that play video games or if you grew up playing Nintendo and still want to play Nintendo's games, then get a Wii. If you want to play the next generation of console gaming, then I'd recommend a PS3 over the 360, but look around for yourself and decide which one best fits your need. All three offer excellent games and excellent options, but as reading through this thread proves, the Wii isn't for everyone and especially not for people who really value playing Madden.

My wii is collecting dust. My PS3 does everything like the commercial says. One of the perks to the PS3 is the online gaming. And while you can online game on the xbox, the ps3 is free online and the xbox requires a monthly fee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom