St. Louis 4-3
Philadelphia 4-4
Carolina 4-4

4 games will define our season:

11/26 @ Atlanta
12/10 @ Dallas
12/24 @ NY Giants
12/31 v. Carolina

All four are NFC games against teams in the hunt which will have major playoff/tie breaker implications. I think if we can get out of this 2-2 it would be a blessing. Win 3 more and that gives us 10 wins which is virtually your ticket to the playoffs.

What you should be hoping for the rest of the season (besides the usual cheering against the division, for the Saints, etc):

1. Minnesota to flouder. The Bears are going to run away with that division so we can't afford to have the Vikings taking up a wild card spot. It starts tomorrow against New England.

2. Someone needs to take control of the NFC West. While I doubt there will be a wild card coming out of West, you never know.

3. Dallas and Carolina to go south. I have a feeling we will end up battling with these two teams for the wild card if we don't win the division. Dallas did us a huge favor by knocking Carolina off their high horse to 4-4. Now we need to cheer against these teams every chance we get. That game @ Dallas and at home against Carolina on New Years Eve will be huge.

interesting post...

though we need to win next week against tampa if we really want a good shot at the play-offs.

it will give us a win in the div and also conf record...to me it is very important.

I agree with points 2 and 3. Although I have to see Dallas play a few more games with Romo before I would write them off. I'm not sure about point 3. Minnesotta is playing good ball. Chicago is bound to drop a few because they are not going undefeated. They're schedule isn't tough but they still have to go to the Giants and to New England. Plus they play Minnesotta again and Minnesota nearly beat them in week 3. So I wouldn't say Chicago runs away with their division just yet.

I know we had some kind of bye week hangover or something, but I think we can make a good run for the rest of the games. We should beat every team we line up against here on out even though the g-men are strong right now. I just really love the direction of this team even though we did stink it up a little today. But hey they kept fighting and I am sure that we had Ravens coaches really worried we would come back and win. Let the good times keep rolling and Go Saints.

The Bucaneers, Steelers and Bengals all are beatable, especially if we play like we did against Philly. Dallas is looking better and Carolina is looking worse. Atlanta may or may not be tough because, let's face it, they beat Pittsburgh (who lost to Oakland) and Cincy (who lost to Tampa). 5 more wins should do it. Going into Atlanta in 4 weeks, hopefully we will (and should) be 8-2, but at least 7-3.

Can't afford to think of any game as anything less than a must win... yes going 5-5 after the bye would probably get us in, however as a fan I wouldnot be too happy with that, nor do I think any player or coach would be.

Lets face it this team has a strange history of coming up with seemingly big wins out of nowhere, only to lose to the very worst in the league to get bounced.

Not being negative mind you but lets not get ahead of ourselves, lets enjoy the ride and the good times while they are indeed good!

Can't afford to think of any game as anything less than a must win... yes going 5-5 after the bye would probably get us in, however as a fan I wouldnot be too happy with that, nor do I think any player or coach would be.

Lets face it this team has a strange history of coming up with seemingly big wins out of nowhere, only to lose to the very worst in the league to get bounced.

Not being negative mind you but lets not get ahead of ourselves, lets enjoy the ride and the good times while they are indeed good!

So you wouldn't be happy with 10-6 from a team that just came off of a 3-13 season and has one of the toughest schedules this year? Come on, we've done well so far this season but we aren't the Patriots or the Colts or any one of the elite teams yet.

Why don't we discuss then when we actually lose to some of th e worst teams in the league, although we really don't play any of them this year...

Back on topic, though. Hopefully the Vikes lose to tonight to give us more seperation from them. Go Pats!!!

Why don't we discuss then when we actually lose to some of th e worst teams in the league, although we really don't play any of them this year...

If I had to bet on 4 teams, I'd say the #1 overall pick in the 07 draft goes to either Detroit, Arizona, Miami (!) or Oakland (though the Raiders are making a run at being just ordinarily bad rather than millenially bad). Unfortunately, none are on the Saints' schedule this year -- but Atlanta, Minnesota and Chicago get some games against some of these teams, and Chicago gets 4 games against this truly rotten group.

Them's the breaks -- no use crying about it; but it's a fact. 10-6 against a schedule without the creampuffs would be great.

X 1,000

East- NYG
North- Chi
South- NO
West-St. Louis
Wildcards- Atl, Car, or Dal

East- NE
North- Balt
South- Indy
West- Den
Wildcards- SD, Cin, or Jack

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom