Playoff Picture (1 Viewer)

djwooley69

Veteran
Reaction score
I know, I know, there is still allot of season to be played. However, I was looking at the playoff picture from the TP. :scratch: Correct me if I'm wrong, but as of right now, we would play the Rams and then go to Chicago. Am I setting up the bracketing right? :idunno: Damn but I don't want another playoff game in Chicago. :covri: Yes, we should be able to beat anyone, anywhere. But really, after the last two times we played Chicago late into December, it didn't really turn out that well.

We'll find out how well this team deals with cold weather in the next few games.

Cincy is forecast to be in the low 30's. Baltimore should be cold also, but not as bad.

EDIT: This is wrong. :covri:

No. With the current standings, Chicago would be a 3 seed so we would not play them in the the divisional round. We would start off at St Louis and the Giants would play at Chicago.

If Chicago wins, then we would go to Atlanta. If the Giants win we would go to Philly.

But... like you said, there are too many games to put any stock into this yet.

(I still think Cutler will keep the Bears out of the playoffs, and of course I still hope somebody takes down ATL to give us a shot at taking the division from them.)

No. With the current standings, Chicago would be a 3 seed so we would not play them in the the divisional round. We would start off at St Louis and the Giants would play at Chicago.

With the Bears having a better record than Phili, wouldn't they be the #2 seed? Wouldn't the Giants go to Philadelphia first and then to the #1 seed Atanta?

Oops. My bad. You're right.

But still, with Chicago as the 2 seed, we would play them in Divisional round only if 6 beats 3 in the wildcard round. The 1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2... so if the remaining teams are the 1,2,3 and 5 [us being 5], we would go to Atlanta.

Lose a couple of games and you could be out. Worry about the Bengals first.

Why does everyone say worry about the next team and dont look ahead? If we were Saints players that would be valid, but we're fans. Us looking ahead at possible playoff scenarios isnt gonna have any impact on how the Saints play.

Why does everyone say worry about the next team and dont look ahead? If we were Saints players that would be valid, but we're fans. Us looking ahead at possible playoff scenarios isnt gonna have any impact on how the Saints play.

We must stay focused!!

:smilielol:

With the Bears having a better record than Phili, wouldn't they be the #2 seed? Wouldn't the Giants go to Philadelphia first and then to the #1 seed Atanta?

Only if they beat Philly....we are likely going to see the Falcons in the divisional round, either we or the Falcons will play the NFC west champion... then providing the 3 seed beats the 6 seed, the NFC south team if the wildcard winner, will play the number 1 seed.

Didn't the Bears end the Saints' season (i.e. knocked out of/eliminated from playoffs) THREE years in a row? 06,07, and 08?

Didn't the Bears end the Saints' season (i.e. knocked out of/eliminated from playoffs) THREE years in a row? 06,07, and 08?
No, losing to Philly knocked us out of the playoffs in 07. Although there was a slight chance, 8-8 was never going to be enough.

I would say as far as momentum was concerned, Tampa took us out the playoffs both years.

Oops. My bad. You're right.

But still, with Chicago as the 2 seed, we would play them in Divisional round only if 6 beats 3 in the wildcard round. The 1 seed plays the lowest remaining seed in round 2... so if the remaining teams are the 1,2,3 and 5 [us being 5], we would go to Atlanta.

Correct! So, if we are the #5 seed, we have to root for the #3 seed to hold serve in the Wildcard round. Then we would get to play at Atlanta in the Divisional round.

The changes between now and the end of the regular season will likely be the #2 and #3 seeds (Chicago, GB, Phila, and NY Giants are in play there); and hopefully, the #1 and #5 seed (Atlanta and the Saints in play there).

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE 12TH MAN...................THAT MAKES UP PART OF THE TEAM !!!!:aargh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom