Playoff Predictor (1 Viewer)

Low Energy

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
That time of year to play out your predictions. The ESPN playoff generator (the one I really like) is supposed to start on week 12 but not up yet so I found another to play around with until then.

Looks like the teams we really have to worry about are NYG and WAS. Every scenarion I tried where we were tied with them, even at 9-7, we fail to make the wildcard. We need to have both or at least one of these teams to hit a losing streak. Of course, if we can take the division it wont matter, but I was trying to be realistic with my picks and hard to see that happening.

Anyhow, have a go at your playoff scenarios.

BTW if you reset it to the 2016 seaon with link at top you need to go back into week 11 and give the win to WAS over GB, for some reason it is not in there.

NFL Playoff Predictor

Meh the way I had it: packers, skins, eagles, cardinals were the teams to worry about. Hopefully my predictions will be as solid as my fantasy football team that lost 4 people to IR this weekend (I miss you AJ Green!). I think our best bet is to attempt to control our own destiny here. We have the difficult task of requiring, unfortunately, having to almost win out to start a Cinderella run. We play Cardinals, falcons, bucs twice - that's going to help for sure if we can turn all 4 into W's

Of course, if we can take the division it wont matter, but I was trying to be realistic with my picks and hard to see that happening.

According to playoffstatus.com, our chances of winning the division are about double our chance of a wild card. At 9-7, we would still have about a 1 in 3 chance of taking the division, vs. about 1 in 6 for a wild card. Of course that leaves a 50% chance that we don't get in at all.

There's even still longshot (7%) scenarios where we could take the division at 8-8.

New Orleans Saints What If?

I just went through with my best guesses at how
games will go and had us losing to Detroit and the Cardinals, going 8-8 and still making the playoffs having to rematch with the Lions on the road. Atlanta wins the division.
But I certainly hope we can win out or go 9-7. I think 9-7 most likely makes it for us this year. We just need the Giants, Eagles, and Vikings to keep playing poorly which I'd expect and our own division to stay as bad as it already is.

Really?

We have a better chance at a top 3 pick than the playoffs.

Maybe add the "N/S" tag?

This is definitely Saints related. No reason for a N/S tag.

He was being sarcastic. As in the Saints are not going to the playoffs therefore not Saints related. Hehe.

I disagree cuz I think the Saints still have a legit chance if they get their stuff together.

He was being sarcastic. As in the Saints are not going to the playoffs therefore not Saints related. Hehe.

I disagree cuz I think the Saints still have a legit chance if they get their stuff together.

The chance was more legit before they shot themselves in the foot against Carolina.

They have to be perfect the rest of the way, hope Atlanta loses one more game, and Carolina doesn't continue their traditional late season charge.

It's just not good enough of a team to string together a perfect 6 game run.

FWIW, I did my own predictor an have the Saints going 9-7 with a win in the last game to tie with the Falcons who also finish 9-7. Would get the Eagles at home for the first playoff game. That would be cool. Heh.

The chance was more legit before they shot themselves in the foot against Carolina.

They have to be perfect the rest of the way, hope Atlanta loses one more game, and Carolina doesn't continue their traditional late season charge.

It's just not good enough of a team to string together a perfect 6 game run.

They actually could finish 9-7 and get in if Atlanta finishes 9-7 as well. It's not that far fetched. Stranger things have happened.

I think 5-1 is doable.

Sorry. I didn't catch the sarcasm. He should've used the sarcasm font. :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom