Playoff rankings on Monday (1 Viewer)

regardless of if this is a rig job or not, everyone should be able to agree that there should be transparency in the process

ahhhhhhh every year same thing.

late season loss is a death knell for some and early season victory over a ranked team that ends up out or falls back in the rankings means little to nothing.

regardless of if this is a rig job or not, everyone should be able to agree that there should be transparency in the process
Agreed. Every AP and Coach's Poll result is published. Why not the actual votes that mean something?

Beat me to it MLU.....I was just coming to post that!

Bama dropping 7 spots and Michigan dropping one spot is one of those head scratchers!!! Oh, and Cincinnati dropping only one spot after losing to Memphis. WTF??? That's one of tOSU's "quality" wins!!! This whole thing is a complete joke. I'm curious as to why more national media is not picking up on these discrepancies.

Beat me to it MLU.....I was just coming to post that!

Bama dropping 7 spots and Michigan dropping one spot is one of those head scratchers!!! Oh, and Cincinnati dropping only one spot after losing to Memphis. What the Fork!??? That's one of tOSU's "quality" wins!!! This whole thing is a complete joke. I'm curious as to why more national media is not picking up on these discrepancies.

its a total joke.

We have seen this for years. Only now getting more attention since the "committee" is doing the bidding in the rankings to keep certain team in a certain spot.

They ABSOLUTELY have to explain how Cinci drops ONE SPOT vs Bama dropping 7 following loss to a highly ranked IN STATE RIVAL.

Just imagine if Notre Dame was 11-1 or 12-0.

I really think it boils down to the fact that they cant have the SEC dominate the top 10 for fear of alienating the rest of the country come playoff time. tOSU is ALL Ohio has....Cinci sucks, Browns suck, Cavs suck, Indians suck....so an entire State hinges on tOSU actually meaning SOMETHING. But aside from that, they have to engage the whole country - because at the end of the day, they want to generate big revenue.

case in point- El Caliente was a regular here when Big Blue was actually pretty good.

Havent seen him in a few years here outside of a post here or there. Why? Because his team isnt relevant. When they arent relevant, fans are no longer "engaged". They dont watch, they dont talk about, they dont click articles or listen/watch shows about. And to the NCAA, that equals lost revenue.

its a game the NCAA HAS to play. They will never admit to it, but like the NFL officiating debacle, we all see it. Dont need any explanation as its clear as day.

Name the last time you witnessed a team have a 29 point home loss and only drop 1 spot in the polls.

It doesn't really matter to me. All I care about is a Joe Burrow Heisman QB leading a LSU team against tOSU in the NCG. I'm suddenly a OSU fan just because I want to see Burrow complete the dream season by smashing the school that threw him on the back burner while LSU wins it's 3rd NC in 15 years.

Name the last time you witnessed a team have a 29 point home loss and only drop 1 spot in the polls.

12/2/2019.

lol.

its absurd. All of it. Expand the playoffs and let the top 10 teams duke it out. And for the love of pete, when figuring "strength of schedule", you figure it based on the ranking of the opponent AT THE TIME OF PLAY, not at the end of season.

It doesn't really matter to me. All I care about is a Joe Burrow Heisman QB leading a LSU team against tOSU in the NCG. I'm suddenly a OSU fan just because I want to see Burrow complete the dream season by smashing the school that threw him on the back burner while LSU wins it's 3rd NC in 15 years.

And I think thats all in the minds of the committee in that having OSU play #4 and LSU have to play #3 ( and the way this seems to be shaking out, 1 vs 4 seems to have a leg up on 2 v 3.

If we dispatch UGA like i think we will, and the team remains locked in til end of Dec for the playoffs, it wont matter who we face really. That 21 day lay over may hinder but Coach O should have them ready.

It's just simply not fair. Easy to say "just win out".....hard to accomplish of you have to beat #4 Georgia, #3 Clemson, and #1Ohio State back to back to back after playing the toughest schedule of ALL playoff teams. LSU (if they take care of Georgia) will have EARNED the #1 seed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom