Playoff rankings on Monday (1 Viewer)

Name the last time you witnessed a team have a 29 point home loss and only drop 1 spot in the polls.
I don't recall one, but I bet it involved Bama if it happened...

I am also curious when we started looking at where teams are ranked now and not when you play them? Teams get figured out, have injuries, etc that open them up to defeats as the season progresses. However, at the time of the game they are who you played then, not now. Traditionally, the schedule was looked at by how teams were ranked then, not now. Suddenly it's changed and now that's opened it up to making adjustments like this to support the justification these voters use.

Still, it doesn't explain how tOSU jumps LSU because of their defense and then give up 400+ yards to a bad offensive team in a week that LSU holds an equal offense to 170 yards. Just don't pretend that the justification you provide matters. You'd think with a journalism professor on the committee, they might be able articulate their reasons, but instead we get "Because I said so" as justification.

Last edited:
I'm suddenly a OSU fan just because I want to see Burrow complete the dream season by smashing the school that threw him on the back burner while LSU wins it's 3rd NC in 15 years.
The back burner? They had a first round draft pick in haskins at qb. What were they supposed to do?

The back burner? They had a first round draft pick in haskins at qb. What were they supposed to do?
I understand the situation not drop Burrow to #3 on the depth chart because of a broken hand. Burrow would have stayed as the #2.

If LSU isnt ranked #1 after this weekend there will be a new committee next year.
I wouldn't be mad if they stayed #2 because the chip on their shoulder would grow and grow to unheard of levels. I'd be even happier if Wisconsin could just play out of their minds and beat Ohio State.

Now we are are seeing why the CFP put tosu in 1st and kept them there when they didn't deserve to be there. They were afraid of this potential outcome of the Big 10 Championship game.

All credibility in this system is lost if LSU isn't the top seed. I'm not being a homer. Just look at the body of work & total resume.
This system still has credibility? I think that went out the window a while back. Only if LSU is 1 does it get back even an inkling of credibility.

Who else is watching the playoff selection show? I'm guessing it'll be a while before we get the actual playoff announcements.

Who else is watching the playoff selection show? I'm guessing it'll be a while before we get the actual playoff announcements.
Yeah. Seems like they're trying to drag this out as long as possible. Get it over with. There's a game we need to watch.

They seem to be building up Ohio State to remain #1. Not sure why they're still counting Cincinnati as a ranked team, or why they're counting beating Wisconsin twice.

Here it comes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom