Playoff rankings on Monday (1 Viewer)

Lol... Just watched the clip and when discussing tOSU they list 5-6 Michigan State as a quality win. LMAO. ****ing morons...

I know their are games left, but something tells me they won't be impressed with wins over TAMU and UGA. **** 'em. Bring on Clemson. LSU owes them for a Peach Bowl loss anyway. Everyone gets a reckoning this year.

Lol... Just watched the clip and when discussing tOSU they list 5-6 Michigan State as a quality win. LMAO. ****ing morons...

I know their are games left, but something tells me they won't be impressed with wins over TAMU and UGA. **** 'em. Bring on Clemson. LSU owes them for a Peach Bowl loss anyway. Everyone gets a reckoning this year.

Yeah, I'm not holding out any hope that LSU will jump OSU if both teams keep winning. The other thing that concerns me is a media ground swell for Chase Young for Heisman. The "best player on the #1 team" will be the argument that mainstream and social media hacks will push. And don't believe it can't influence voters.

Bulletin board material. Chip on the shoulder. Whatever you wanna call it, I bet we see them boys play with a fire against TAMU.

This is clearly a Mason-Dixon Line issue.
There are more northern voters on the playoff committee.
It's simply a matter of bias and personal preference in these picks. LSU may not get back to the top spot even if they beat a good Aggie team and another playoff contender leading up to the playoffs. Had LSU been undefeated due to playing Ohio State's schedule, my guess is that the Tigers wouldn't even be listed in the Top 4 right now. So at least LSU got the chance this year to prove that they are a great team.

But hopefully this slight will help to keep LSU hungry to win them all.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not holding out any hope that LSU will jump OSU if both teams keep winning. The other thing that concerns me is a media ground swell for Chase Young for Heisman. The "best player on the #1 team" will be the argument that mainstream and social media hacks will push. And don't believe it can't influence voters.
A straw poll was taken today of actual Heisman voters. They did not disclose who or how many, but Burrow had all #1 votes. He has played his best games against the toughest competition.
Chase Young has picked on terrible OTs and QBs all season long. This is Burrow's award to lose. No one is buying that Chase Young BS. They have to find someone to challenge Burrow because he ran away with it months ago and locked it down at the Alabama game.

Are ole miss, texas, and vanderbilt not weak teams?
That's not what I said. Let's skip to the end of the conversation after I have to repeat what I said: Where are the quality wins for tOSU?

Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Penn State

Any time one has to mention Cincinnati as the quality part of a schedule, the argument has been lost. That's a weak schedule.

Last edited:
That's not what I said. Let's skip to the end of the conversation after I have to repeat what I said: Where are the quality wins for tOSU?

Cincinnati
Wisconsin
Penn State

Any time one has to mention Cincinnati as the quality part of a schedule, the argument has been lost. That's a weak schedule.
How is it a weak schedule? Just bc its not as good as lsu's schedule, does not make it weak.

And its not far from lsu's schedule. They played#19 cincy, 12 wisconsin, 10 penn state, and play 13 michigan this weekend.

Lsu played 15 auburn, 5 bama, and 11 florida.

What am i missing?

Yeah I am really trying to view this through an unbiased lens and I just can’t agree with it. I think they made up their minds after the Ole Miss games but had to wait until after the Penn St. game to drop us to 2. And it does matter. Clemson is arguably the best team in the nation and haven’t lost a game in 2 years. That’s a lot tougher playoff match-up than Oklahoma or Utah. MAYBE if it’s Bama at 4 then we dodge a psychological bullet? I dunno. But the media didn’t view LSU beating Bama and ending their 31 game home streak as a “passing of the torch” as much as they view it as a “down year” for the SEC. I think UGA losing to SC combined with Tua going down took some shine off the entire conference in their eyes, plus I don’t think they completely respect Orgeron or our defense. I disagree with them.

When you have LSU's strength of schedule, and you are undefeated, and you just rolled over a conference opponent, and you're ranked number 1 in the land, you should not be demoted to number 2 in order to let a team from the North with a less impressive strength of schedule jump you. Would this have happened if Alabama happened to have beaten us and were the undefeated team ranked 1? Would they have been demoted? If OSU had been the #1 team and had just rolled a conference opponent, would they have been demoted? I don't buy all the "eye test" stuff. My eyes tell me that LSU has answered every challenge this season. Yes, we've had some defensive lapses late in games that had no effect on the outcome, but we've played the toughest schedule in the country of all the top ranked teams and beaten Alabama on the road where they almost never lose. We simply are not considered a blue blood in football, and so we are being demoted under questionable circumstances.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom