Playoff seeding....... (2 Viewers)

Darth Deuce

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
as of RIGHT NOW, the NFC South has 3 teams in the playoffs.....#1 Atlanta, #5 New Orleans....#6 Tampa Bay.

Things arent that bad. This year there are 3 byes in the NFC. The top wild card also gets a bye as they play the NFC West winner. Right now that's us.

I see it going down like this:

Saints vs NFC West scrub. Auto-win.
Saints vs Atlanta (Top seed gets the wild card). We beat them.
Saints vs GB/Philly in NFC Championship game. This will be rough in the elements.

Saints vs Chargers SB, pencil it in.

Things arent that bad. This year there are 3 byes in the NFC. The top wild card also gets a bye as they play the NFC West winner. Right now that's us.

Saints vs GB/Philly in NFC Championship game. This will be rough in the elements.

Never discount a team, especially in the playoffs. I remember back when the cards went to the superbowl, a WHOLE bunch of folks were discrediting them, and off they went. There are NO auto-wins in this league, even in the regular season.

Saints vs Chargers SB, pencil it in.

If #6 seed wins their game, then Atlanta gets #6 and we play at #2.

If #6 seed wins their game, then Atlanta gets #6 and we play at #2.

Don't think TB/Chic will beat GB or Phil at home. But it could happen... this season is turning out to be quite exciting!

we've played very well on the road this year (and in the sean payton era in general).

there's no doubt we're the #1 team nobody in the NFC wants to see in the playoffs.

but there's also no doubt that having to play another game and be forced to play 3 games on the road is a HUGE disadvantage no matter how you slice it.

What we need is for the Ravens to knock off the Bucs today and then the Bucs to take out the Falcons next week. Couple those with a Saints win next week and all will be right in the world again.

Its not over by a long shot, but I still feel sick. Just like I felt sick after Baltimore lost to Atlanta.

6th WC seed plays the 4th seed divisional champ.
5th WC seed plays the 3rd seed divisional champ.
So if Saints are no. 5 they most likely play Chicago. Then Phi then ATL. as it is now.

6th WC seed plays the 4th seed divisional champ.
5th WC seed plays the 3rd seed divisional champ.
So if Saints are no. 5 they most likely play Chicago. Then Phi then ATL. as it is now.

No.....#5 wildcard plays #4 division champ
#6 wildcard plays #3 division champ

As of right now, Green Bay is not even IN the playoffs, and I think we have the tie-breaker on them if they don't win their division.

Not the way they played defense today. I swear their Db'S where standing around like it was a TV time out. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom