Playoffs a real possibility.... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The 4 division leaders records are as follows....

Dal 6-1
Min 6-1 (probably)
ATL 5-3
Sea 4-2-1

Then the two wild cards would go to the next two teams.

And here is the massive logjam with many teams right in the thick of it, including US!!!!

4 teams are 4-3
5 teams are 3-4

Wild card is really within reach, and even the division is only a 1.5 game difference.

WE are right there, we are getting healthy players back, and we have tremendous momentum.

And our remaining 9 games, only 2 of the teams have a winning record.

Buckle up for an exciting 9 weeks.

It's way to early to worry about that when you're 3-4. I get that we're all wanting that to be the case, but the reality is we've been in this position many times. Heck, it's often been a better spot and we failed to seal the deal.

Are the playoffs in reach? Of course. Go 4-0 in the division the rest of the year and the division is in reach for that matter. But I think the prudent mentality now is one game at a time.

Obviously depending on how the team(s) respond, this will change, but the Saints would probably be favored in 4-5 more games (49ers, Rams, Lions, Bucs x2), and likely underdogs in 4 (Broncos, Panthers, Cardinals, Falcons). Mind you none of these games will be big lines, so it can swing either way one a given play. All the more reason, even as fans, to take it one at a time. Let's see them get to .500 first next week, then try to get above .500.

We have yet to get over .500 when.we start the season atleast 0-3 or.0-4. I'm not getting my hopes up but with our offense this season, it's possible. All we need is to.get healthy on defense and make a few stops a game

Playoffs? I just want a winning season. Lets get .500 or above football first, then we can talk about playoffs

We have yet to get over .500 when.we start the season atleast 0-3 or.0-4. I'm not getting my hopes up but with our offense this season, it's possible. All we need is to.get healthy on defense and make a few stops a game

A few KEY stops a game and follow up that stop with points, as in Stupar's interception. Sunday is the closest we've come all year to playing complimentary football for four quarters. So it's a start. For right now, though, I have to defer to Jim Mora, circa 2001, on the subject of playoffs.

I totally get the hesitation to allow yourself to think big... but fact of the matter is we are very much alive, not just mathematically not eliminated.

We have one of (if not THE) best offense in the NFL, we have a remaining schedule filled with winnable games, and the defensive trend is pointing upwards.

We are 1 game back of the wild card, and 1.5 back of the Division through 7 games. We have momentum in the season having won three of our last four, and good players are coming back to help our young defense.

We SHOULD be excited right now... we dug a typical early season hole, we typically climbed out at mid season, now its time to break the trend of regressing right when we are poised to return to the 'we have a chance' conversation.

jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

Let's get over .500 first then we start talking about playoffs

down the stretch, I see the Lions and Cardinals as our must-win games to own tie breakers. Aside from division opponents of course. I really hope the Giants loss doesn't come back to bite us

The Saints will need to drastically improve in a few key areas, and start forcing a few breaks to go their way. If, and its a big if, the saints can do that, and get on a bit of a roll, a playoff berth is within the realm of possibility in this current environment.

The Cowboys, the NFC's current No. 1 seed, are led by a rookie quarterback and have no pass rush. They are a fantastic story and fun to watch, but that doesn't make them some early 90s Dallas juggernaut. There's no reason for the teams in Seattle, Green Bay, Atlanta and Philadelphia to be viewed as some tier apart.

The playoff hopefuls below that group -- essentially every other NFC team except the Bears and 49ers -- can make a compelling case for a second-half push.Add it all up and we should be headed for a mad dash for playoff spots and seeding in the NFC.

It's a season where teams with flaws should look around, quietly be unimpressed with their surroundings and think, "Why not us?"

The Debrief, Week 9: NFC remains wide open; AFC West loaded - NFL.com

I was expecting a Triumph meme saying "for me to poop on". And the Mora Playoffs meme.

I was only half disappointed.

A patented Payton win streak would be good about now. 5-6 games should about do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom