Playoffs and SuperBowl Predictions (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The Colts will defeat the Packers in the Super Bowl. Here is the path to the big game:

Giants will defeat Cowboys:

Eli Manning will continue his strong play with big plays that isolate Roy Williams downfield. The running game will not be great, but effective enough to utilize play-action to create mismatches downfield. The Giants line will force a pressing Romo in to a minimum of 2 interceptions on the day.

Green Bay will defeat Seattle:

Surprisingly, this may turn out to be the most exciting game of the weekend. The Packers defense, with strong performances from Woodson and Harris, will be too much for the Hawks receivers in the end.

Colts will defeat Chargers

Manning should have solid numbers but the story of the day will be the Colts defense controlling an offense that will be without there 2nd best player in Antonio Gates. The Chargers will simply be unable to make plays downfield. Tomlinson will have a solid day, however, he will become less effective when the Chargers are forced to put the ball in the air to chip away at the large deficit.

Patriots will defeat Jags

This game is receiving much hype; however, I don't believe that it wil be very close. The Patriots will employ their usual spread formation, you know, the one that the Saints utilized so effectively against the Jags..Remember that one? The Jags are a great team but simply do not match up well against the Pats. Sammy Knight and the rookie safety will be targeted throughout the day. The Jags will also miss a healthy Henderson in the middle.

Championship Games

The Colts apply a heavy dose of Joseph Addai and the vulnerable Pats run defense is exposed. In the process, Brady and company are rendered helpless on the sidelines as the Pats D falters.

The Packers use a balanced attack to chip away at the Giants defense. Eli will have difficulties making big plays against a fast, well disciplined Packers defense.

Superbowl

In an exciting and surprisingly close game, the Colts defeat the Packers. John Madden receives much post game criticism for getting choked up over Brett Favre's valiant but unsuccessful effort.

Addai hasn't looked great down the stretch, actually since the NE game he has put up under 4 ypc vs KC, Oak, SD, Jax, and Bal and for the season Maroney actually has a better YPC than Addai. Not saying the Colts can't beat the Pats, they absolutely can and this is the best team the Colts have ever had, but I think the Pats can handle Addai and if Manning has one of his usual cold weather clunkers it's going to be the Pats in Tempe.

Really does anyone think San Diego and Jacksonville have a prayer this weekend?

Jacksonville will give teh Pats trouble but they aren't the team to beat. They will lose. San Diego on the other hand has no shot of advancing whatsoever. Manning will take revenge on the Bolts. I see the Giants beating Cowboys also. I see the Pack beating Seattle = Great game. Pack will beat the Giants since they playing in GB. Pats over Colts due to the home field for the Pats. As for the outcome, Doesn't matter to me, I want to see Favre get another ring but I also want to see the Pats go 19-0.

This weekend:

Green Bay 30, Seattle 20
I'm just not on board with Seattle; the score against Washington wasn't indicative of the fact that Washington led in the 4th quarter. And then Hasselbeck is in Green Bay ("We'll take the ball...").

New England 38, Jacksonville 24
Jacksonville would be a serious Super Bowl contender if they were in the NFC. But I really think that game last week at Pittsburgh took a lot out of them, and this week's opponent is not one to challenge at less than 150%. I seriously doubt Garrard will beat a Belechick-coached defense.

Indianapolis 35, San Diego 17
Thank God the Chargers kept Philip Rivers instead of Drew Brees. Their mistake is our gain. The Colts will make him beat them, and I don't think he can.

Dallas 31, N.Y. Giants 27
It's tough to beat a team three times in a season. It all depends on TO and Romo. They will get away with an average performance, but Eli will need to be perfect. And since Eli was solid last week, the law of averages says "Not this time."

Next week
New England 34, Indianapolis 28
Only because it's in New England. I don't think Peyton is nearly as flustered by the Patriots as he used to be, but anybody would be up against it in Foxboro.

Dallas 28, Green Bay 27
I've read that Favre is leaning toward coming back next year. I think this will be a classic, and if he doesn't pull it off this time, he'll have an extra reason to come back again.

Super Bowl
New England 40, Dallas 27
Moss vs. Owens is a fair fight. The RBs are not that lopsided either. But Belechick and Brady vs. Philips and Romo? That is a mismatch.

Last edited:
Jacksonville vs Green Bay

Jacksonville takes the trophy.

Colts / Chargers - Colts win
Jags / Pats - Jags win
Giants / Cowgirls - Cowgirls
Seahawks / Packers - Seahawks

Colts / Jags - Colts
Cowgirls / Seahawks - Cowgirls

Colts / Cowgirls - Colts

Giants/Cowboys=Giants
Packers/Seahawks=Packers
Patriots/Jaguars=Patriots
Colts/Chargers=Chargers

Conference:
Chargers/Patriots=Patriots
Giants/Packers=Packers

Superbowl:
Patriots/Packers=Patriots

Couldn't really careless who wins as long as the Belicheaters lose tomorrow. :)

Colts over Packers if it snows in Boston on January 20th. As of yesterday, it was predicted to snow. As of right now, it's predicted to be very very cold, but sunny.

Patriots over Packers if it doesn't snow.

Oh, and all 4 home teams win this weekend. I hope I'm wrong. Only home team I'm rooting for is Green Bay. Biggest question mark is Dallas vs Giants game with all the injuries.

Jacksonville beats pats San Diego beats Colts then Chargers beat Jags and Chargers beat Seattle in the superbowl
thats my major-upset-playoff-prediction

The Colts will defeat the Packers in the Super Bowl. Here is the path to the big game:

Giants will defeat Cowboys:

Eli Manning will continue his strong play with big plays that isolate Roy Williams downfield. The running game will not be great, but effective enough to utilize play-action to create mismatches downfield. The Giants line will force a pressing Romo in to a minimum of 2 interceptions on the day.

Green Bay will defeat Seattle:

Surprisingly, this may turn out to be the most exciting game of the weekend. The Packers defense, with strong performances from Woodson and Harris, will be too much for the Hawks receivers in the end.

Colts will defeat Chargers

Manning should have solid numbers but the story of the day will be the Colts defense controlling an offense that will be without there 2nd best player in Antonio Gates. The Chargers will simply be unable to make plays downfield. Tomlinson will have a solid day, however, he will become less effective when the Chargers are forced to put the ball in the air to chip away at the large deficit.

Patriots will defeat Jags

This game is receiving much hype; however, I don't believe that it wil be very close. The Patriots will employ their usual spread formation, you know, the one that the Saints utilized so effectively against the Jags..Remember that one? The Jags are a great team but simply do not match up well against the Pats. Sammy Knight and the rookie safety will be targeted throughout the day. The Jags will also miss a healthy Henderson in the middle.

Championship Games

The Colts apply a heavy dose of Joseph Addai and the vulnerable Pats run defense is exposed. In the process, Brady and company are rendered helpless on the sidelines as the Pats D falters.

The Packers use a balanced attack to chip away at the Giants defense. Eli will have difficulties making big plays against a fast, well disciplined Packers defense.

Superbowl

In an exciting and surprisingly close game, the Colts defeat the Packers. John Madden receives much post game criticism for getting choked up over Brett Favre's valiant but unsuccessful effort.

I have everything the same except i have the Jags over NE, and Green Bay winning against Indy.

The original poster says the Colts will beat NE in the AFCCG by a hefty dose of the run. Umm... the Jags have the best run game of any team in the playoffs righ now. Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones Drew. I think the Pats slower defense gets exposed this weekend. Jags 24 - Pats 17.

Also the Packers are getting exposed really bad this weekend. I have a feeling that they are not nearly as good as people think they are. Easy schedule and terribly easy division = fluke season from Favre and company in Wisconsin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom