Playoffs of not, CSP should be Coach of the Year (1 Viewer)

jahsoul357

Has the answers to life's greatest mysteries
Reaction score
I can't think of any who could put together a winning season with everything that we have gone through and even with us questioning a lot of the craziness he does, I can't think of anyone else I would want on the sideline coaching the Saints and his greatness (along with the heart this team has) is solidified. Even in missing the playoffs, this is still a season for us to remember.

And FTR

"Saints 30, Falcons 20: This season might have been Sean Payton’s best coaching job since New Orleans’ Super Bowl season. Fielding what seemed at times to be a junior varsity team, Payton’s schemes kept the Saints in the playoff race, even as Taysom Hill left in the second quarter with a foot injury. Alvin Kamara’s 146 rushing yards powered the win and now New Orleans enters the off-season, once again, with little cap room and lots of personnel decisions to make."

He will get some votes but it will be a big market coach.

He certainly does. I admit, I thought he lost the team mid season. But they came back strong and never gave up. He kept the team motivates through some TOUGH times. This was probably his best year. It certainly was Dennis Allen's best year as well.

We don’t get these awards unless it’s extremely obvious, and even then it’s difficult. No one else really cares what the Saints or Sean Payton did or what they went through. A playoff berth would have garnered a couple more votes but nothing significant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom