Playoffs start now (1 Viewer)

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
In the Payton era, we've tried hoping that 8-8 or 9-7 would be enough to sneak into the playoffs on multiple occasions. It never is. And usually it ends in 7-9.

Time to do something different.

We have to go 10-6. Period. It may or may not be enough to win the division....but it should at least produce a playoff berth. Even with that, some things still have to fall into place.....but those things will just have to take care of themselves. While there is still some uncertainty there, I can almost say with COMPLETE certainty that 8 or 9 wins won't do it.

There is no one left on the schedule that can't be beaten. Tampa twice? I don't care what they've done recently. Detroit? Arizona on the road ? Neither is insurmountable. Atlanta on the road in week 17 will be a challenge.....but if the Saints are 9-6 at that point.....I'd like our chances with carrying momentum into that game.

Right now is the time to become the hottest team in football. Just win the last 5 games, and see what happens.....because we basically know what happens if we lose one of them.

If you were an NFC team, would you want to play the Saints in round 1 after they'd won 6 straight ?

I have played around with the playoff predictor. Basically all the teams ahead of us play one another, so teams will lose. Running the table is almost a certainty to get in. Even when we are tied at 10-6 with 3 other teams, we hold the tiebreaker over other teams likely to finish with the same record.

Just win baby.

I have played around with the playoff predictor. Basically all the teams ahead of us play one another, so teams will lose. Running the table is almost a certainty to get in. Even when we are tied at 10-6 with 3 other teams, we hold the tiebreaker over other teams likely to finish with the same record.

Just win baby.

If the Saints win out and go 10-6, and Atlanta (currently 7-4)...loses a game within the next few weeks...and was 10-5 heading into a matchup with the Saints before losing, who would get the 10-6 tiebreaker for the division IF the Atlanta loss wasn't to Carolina the previous week?

Long story short, both the Saints and Falcons would be 10-6 in that scenario, both would have wins over each other, and both would have 2 losses in the division.

Obviously I'd rather them lose more than that....but for informational purposes, I'd be curious who would get the tiebreaker there.

If the Saints win out and go 10-6, and Atlanta (currently 7-4)...loses a game within the next few weeks...and was 10-5 heading into a matchup with the Saints before losing, who would get the 10-6 tiebreaker for the division IF the Atlanta loss wasn't to Carolina the previous week?

Long story short, both the Saints and Falcons would be 10-6 in that scenario, both would have wins over each other, and both would have 2 losses in the division.

Obviously I'd rather them lose more than that....but for informational purposes, I'd be curious who would get the tiebreaker there.

Saints get tiebreaker no matter who Atlanta loses to along the way thanks to NFC record.

My dream scenario:

We win out
Falcons lose the last two games of the season after having the division lead the entire season and we win the division in the last game ever played in the ga dome.

Oh my god that would be a sweet, sweet victory!!

win out regardless of the playoff picture. while I would love to go to the playoffs, I feel we would make some major noise there, I want the team to finish above .500 this season.

I think the team has to play with the mentality that they need to run the table just to get into the playoffs. They've left themselves little room for error at this point. If they can play up to their true potential and correct the stupid ST mistakes they've been making, running the table is attainable, although the games in Atlanta and TB will both be tough.

You know the best part of that if it comes to fruition?

Falcons have to come back to the Superdome for the Wild Card game.

:0016:

I wouldn't call having to play Atlanta in back to back weeks "the best part". I'd rather them not make the playoffs at all.

I don't want to get our hopes up but.. If the Saints win out there's a very real possibility we can get a bye. The Seahawks have a tough 5 game span with Carolina, packers, rams, cards and 49ers. All of those games are going to be tough for them. If they lose 3, and we win out, I think we get a bye.

Since the playoffs start for us this sunday, here is to the longest playoffs win in the history of the NFL. 9 game winning streak and the NEW SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS, The SAINTS!

In the Payton era, we've tried hoping that 8-8 or 9-7 would be enough to sneak into the playoffs on multiple occasions. It never is. And usually it ends in 7-9.

Time to do something different.

We have to go 10-6. Period. It may or may not be enough to win the division....but it should at least produce a playoff berth. Even with that, some things still have to fall into place.....but those things will just have to take care of themselves. While there is still some uncertainty there, I can almost say with COMPLETE certainty that 8 or 9 wins won't do it.

There is no one left on the schedule that can't be beaten. Tampa twice? I don't care what they've done recently. Detroit? Arizona on the road ? Neither is insurmountable. Atlanta on the road in week 17 will be a challenge.....but if the Saints are 9-6 at that point.....I'd like our chances with carrying momentum into that game.

Right now is the time to become the hottest team in football. Just win the last 5 games, and see what happens.....because we basically know what happens if we lose one of them.

If you were an NFC team, would you want to play the Saints in round 1 after they'd won 6 straight ?

Nothing has to fall into place with 10-6. If we go 10-6 we are in. No questions asked

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom