Playoffs start now (1 Viewer)

Just have to get special teams over the hump. They don't have to be amazing, they just don't need to make any mistakes.

The truth is I don't think this team will go on a 6 game winning streak. The losses to Denver and Carolina are tough to overcome. I could see us winning 5 or 6 but that won't be enough this year. 2017 looks very bright!

Don't we even have a chance at 9-7, given the closeness of records of potential wildcard teams, given that they play one another?

The only legit chance of Falcons losing before week 17 is the next game against the cheifs and week 16 against the panthers .... they aint losing to the 9ers or the Rams ...

Was it 2000 that we played the Rams 3 times?

Yes sir. Played them in Week 17 too, then turned around and had to play them again 7 days later.

I wouldn't call having to play Atlanta in back to back weeks "the best part". I'd rather them not make the playoffs at all.

From a fan standpoint, I see what you mean. It's always a good year when the Falcons miss the play-offs, but Falcons fans are always holding onto that "oh we won our only play-off game against each other" so it'd feel real good to shut them up on that and personally show them the door on another 1-and-done play-off run in addition to getting the best of them this season at 2-1.

But from a pure football standpoint, I'm not scared of them at all. Defensively, they just lost their #1 corner and our offense is potent as ever. Offensively, our run defense is much improved along with the secondary gelling further and further with every game. If we run the table and get in this predicament, I like our odds against them in the play-offs.

This weekend's Lions game will be a tough one..lets take this week by week. Nothing is a given. I think we have a very decent shot if we run the table. If we drop one, we can expect to be left out unless something crazy happens.

Was it 2000 that we played the Rams 3 times?

Yep. Defending Super Bowl champs and they beat us the last week of the year to get into the playoffs. Danced around on our field after the game like they won the Super Bowl again. Thank god hakim dropped the ball.

Since we're talking possibilities... let's DREAM BIG! Here's a distant possibility:

1. Cowboys, NFC East (#1 seed) & Seahawks, NFC West (#2 seed) get 1st round bye.

2. Saints win the NFC South (#3 seed); Lions win the NFC North (#4 seed).

3. Giants and Falcons get the #5 & #6 seeds, respectively.

4. Saints beat the Falcons; Giants beat the Lions... that would then have:

5. #3 Saints @ #2 Seattle, and #6 Giants @ #1 Cowboys.

6. Saints beat the Seahawks, and Giants upset the Cowboys... giving us:

The NFCCG in the Superdome (#6 Giants @ #3 Saints).

You're welcome! :ezbill:

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom