Please decide who I should root for... (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Packers

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Redskins

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Bucs

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Saint LesPaul

axe slinger
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
in the NFC playoffs. I can't make up my mind on anything except there's no way I can pull for Dallas. Other than that I have no huge issue with any other team... even TB to bring some love to our division is fine. You can convince me why I should root for a particular team if you like, but I really just want to pick one and try to act like I care.

Thanks...

Colts: Archie's DNA, Reggie Wayne is from NOLA, Addai from LSU, not in the NFC, only reasonable shot to beat the Pats, Dungy seems nice, Harrison is the most talented receiver in the league and NOT a typical diva, etc....

don't feel like you have to pull for anyone.....i just hope for good games, regardless of the winner

Im rooting for the Redskins.

Reasons:

I am tired of all the Farve talk.
I dont like the Bucs, Giants, or Cowboys.
Washington is the underdog against the Seahawks, who I could care less about.
Gibbs is a good guy.
I like the whole Todd Collins story.

I am pulling for the Colts to win the AFC, as I think the Pats will choke. I don't know, maybe I'm the only person that thinks it, but down the stretch, specifically since the tore apart the Bills, they have only really impressed me once, when the demolished Pittsburgh. Other than that there were not really any repeats of the full scale dominations that we had become accustomed to earlier in the season. I don't think they get past the Colts in the AFC Championship Game.

I like the Giants in the NFC, because I was the biggest critic of Eli, Burress, and the Giants defense for nearly the whole season but the matchup with the Patriots made me contemplate throwing their name in the mix. I then watched some of their games I hadn't seen and they impressed me. A lot of it's not pretty, but their offense gets the job done. Brandon Jacobs is a great talent, and Reuben Droughns and in their game with the Bills Bradshaw out of Marshall looked a great runner. When they get toward the endzone they will get it in somehow. Their secondary is a young unit who has also impressed me with their play recently. I think they surprise a lot of people and make a great run.

Colts over Giants in the SB

Im rooting for the Redskins.

Reasons:

I am tired of all the Farve talk.
I dont like the Bucs, Giants, or Cowboys.
Washington is the underdog against the Seahawks, who I could care less about.
Gibbs is a good guy.
I like the whole Todd Collins story.

my main reason for rooting for the redskins is because of sean taylor. and like you said, i dont want to see the packers go for. i rather have a manning/manning super bowl than favre make the super bowl. having a manning/manning super bowl or having favre in it would be a nightmare scenario, espn would never shut up about it

I'm Farve's age and so are a lot of my friends and busines associates. I see it's usually younger people who are sick of hearing about him. I fully understand this, but let me tell you this.. When you're pushing 40 and regularly have parts of your body ache that you didn't know you had and you see a QB playing at the level Farve is, at your age, you feel compelled to root for him

i chose the redskins.. feel good story.. ya kno? i also like the giants for playing ALL OUT against the patriots even though they didn't need to

as for the AFC.. i always root for the colts and steelers.. peyton, harrison, wayne, clark + addai = like-able guys.. and big ben, parker and ward are too

I am pulling for the Colts to win the AFC, as I think the Pats will choke. I don't know, maybe I'm the only person that thinks it, but down the stretch, specifically since the tore apart the Bills, they have only really impressed me once, when the demolished Pittsburgh. Other than that there were not really any repeats of the full scale dominations that we had become accustomed to earlier in the season. I don't think they get past the Colts in the AFC Championship Game.

I like the Giants in the NFC, because I was the biggest critic of Eli, Burress, and the Giants defense for nearly the whole season but the matchup with the Patriots made me contemplate throwing their name in the mix. I then watched some of their games I hadn't seen and they impressed me. A lot of it's not pretty, but their offense gets the job done. Brandon Jacobs is a great talent, and Reuben Droughns and in their game with the Bills Bradshaw out of Marshall looked a great runner. When they get toward the endzone they will get it in somehow. Their secondary is a young unit who has also impressed me with their play recently. I think they surprise a lot of people and make a great run.

Colts over Giants in the SB

The concept of an all Manning Superbowl makes me want to slit my wrists, god help me if it ever actually happened.

That said, note the record of teams that "almost" beat the Patriots in their next game:

Colts - loss
Ravens- loss
Eagles - loss
Giants- ?

Losing to the Bucs on Saturday (though I don't think they will) would be almost the norm for the Giants based on their recent history and that trend.

Sorry, didn't catch the NFC proviso. In that case, I guess Washington.

I hope the Bucs go all the way to the SB, then suffer the obliglitory letdown next season.

This is a no-brainer to me. You gotta pull for Favre. Besides, I think they're the only NFC team who even stands a chance against the Patriots or Colts.

PS - The Cowdung must lose their first game. I hope it's Eli and the GiAnts who knock 'em out, but the Skins doing it would be fun as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom