• LB

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • CB

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the first pick? The only positions that would really drive me nuts would be RB, QB, or WR.

I could forgive and/or understand anything else.

I need to preface this by saying that I love Glenn Dorsey and prey we end up with him, but at the same time am I the only one a little leary of high pick DTackles? I would love to see the percentages over the last five years of which position in the draft has had the most busts out of the top fifteen picks. I know there were alot of running backs in the late 90's that were terrible and a bunch of qbs but since 03 it seems like alot of dts have been terrible.

I'd like to know too. I'm not 100% but I thought I read somewhere LB and DT(I think OL was another) are two of the more safer picks, and CB and QB are a little more risky. I could be wrong though,

I'd like to know too. I'm not 100% but I thought I read somewhere LB and DT(I think OL was another) are two of the more safer picks, and CB and QB are a little more risky. I could be wrong though,

Yea I usually hear that WR, CB, and QB are some of the biggest risks in the first round. I think RB is sometimes hard to always nail, too.

Unless the guy is the next Tom Brady... I'm going with QB. However what I think now of the current crop is that the QB class is not particularly impressive. Of the top ranked QB's in this draft... I don't see any I want the Saint's to draft.

However in the next year or most likely two years... I think we need to draft a stud QB and let him learn from Brees ALA the Brett Favre - Rodgers approach.

If we can draft a WR that will be starting caliber next year or the year after in the first, I wouldn't complain too bad.

Also if we could replace Deuce in the draft, that would be great. However again, I'm not sure who we would feasibly be able to draft at #10 that would be really worth it. Raise your hand if you didn't see the Reggie injury coming after Deuce went down?

This is a defensive loaded draft... and our biggest need just happens to be defense. I'd be shocked if we drafted offense.

Final answer = QB. I don't want any of the QB's in the first round.

I have to say if Dorsey, Ellis, and DRC are all gone and the Saints can't find any takers to trade down, I would understand picking Clady. I wouldn't be "thrilled" like I would be if we got Dorset or Ellis or if we traded down for nice extra pick(s) and then got our defensive player at the lower first round position, but I would understand the argument. Any other offensive player, no, including McFadden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom