Please find upgrade at safety. (1 Viewer)

SaintlyHaven

Avid Saints Fan
Reaction score
I don't think I will be able to take another season watching Bullocks back there. I think he is one of the main reasons we are so suseptible to the long ball. Roman Harper will be more than a year removed from his knee injury, and if we team him with someone who actually has field awareness, our secondary will be immensely improved!!!!

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Gary Gibbs was said to be high on Bullocks, so he apparently disagrees. You won't see a clear-cut upgrade over Bullocks this offseason I don't think.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Gary Gibbs was said to be high on Bullocks, so he apparently disagrees. You won't see a clear-cut upgrade over Bullocks this offseason I don't think.

Probably not, but you could see one drafted because Bullocks contract is up after the season I believe.

Saint LesPaul

axe slinger
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Wow. Then what the heck does he see in him that we don't? I understand that his Saints player knowledge far exceeds mine and most of this board, but man.. how long do we give him for his "potential" to come around? He may be very good, but there is no denying that he was a major reason we got burned deep over and over last year.

fr3sh

A $ A P
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. Then what the heck does he see in him that we don't? I understand that his Saints player knowledge far exceeds mine and most of this board, but man.. how long do we give him for his "potential" to come around? He may be very good, but there is no denying that he was a major reason we got burned deep over and over last year.

Agreed. Maybe the coaching staff saying that they like him is a smokescreen. Hopefully it is because I am not a Bullocks supporter.

Superfan

45th
Reaction score
if we have a fierce front 7 this year we will see what we have in bullocks. I think he does make bad decisions but last year was so bad for our defense we dont know what to expect.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Probably alot, since he's the DC and were just fans, who view everything on television and replays....Gary Gibbs see's the guy in practice, on game day, and when we break down film...I dont think Bullocks is so bad were he needs to be replaced...he needs to get things corrected....but with Reis and KK behind our starters, I could see us getting a prospect at one of those two positions.

brianw37

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
most of the time he was running around trying to cover for jd's butt and lost his own assignment. you gotta remember this is only his third year and he played ss most of his career with us. hes still learning the free safety position, hes young and very althletic....just like anyone else we try and draft to replace him so thats y i think the staff is high on him. they know the real reason hes out of position, and i highly doubt it has anything to do with his football iq. young players bite on playaction thats just the nature of the game next year hell be more experienced and ready some of the tricks thrown his way. with that said if he struggles this year that i too would be calling for his head. but i got all the faith in the world he'll be MUCH improved if he puts the work in. good luck josh.

Saint LesPaul

axe slinger
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
most of the time he was running around trying to cover for jd's butt and lost his own assignment. you gotta remember this is only his third year and he played ss most of his career with us. hes still learning the free safety position, hes young and very althletic....just like anyone else we try and draft to replace him so thats y i think the staff is high on him. they know the real reason hes out of position, and i highly doubt it has anything to do with his football iq. young players bite on playaction thats just the nature of the game next year hell be more experienced and ready some of the tricks thrown his way. with that said if he struggles this year that i too would be calling for his head. but i got all the faith in the world he'll be MUCH improved if he puts the work in. good luck josh.

I willingly choose to think of him like this until the season starts. Thank you.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score

His job as a FS is to "cover for jd's butt"...so I fail to see how thats an excuse.

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Even if we draft a safety they will have a hard time getting bullocks job, he's a 2 year starter..... experience>talent when it is combining with a rookie..... that said, there are some "decent" safeties in the draft and a few corners that could be good safeties ala flowers..... hopefully we can upgrade that position but i still think if bullocks is on the team, he starts... ;(

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i wouldnt be surprised to see him traded on draft day - but if not i dont think he gets a pass like he got last year with KK on the roster and played well last year when JB was hurt.

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Even though he blew many assignments on his own, he didn't look any better "helping" JD in coverage. I really don't understand why he is being given another chance, but the FO knows better, I hope.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

This I don't understand.

The proof is in the pudding. I don't see what Gibbs sees that makes him "high" on Bullocks.

Maybe Bullocks is a practice player? The only thing he seems to do consistently well is support the run.

But how many times to you have to see him late or AWOL over the top? How many times do you have to see him struggle to find the ball in the air? How many times do you have to see him mistime his jump?

How many times in actual game before you cut bait?

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I would love to see the Saints draft Tom Zbikowski S from Notre Dame. He is 6' 210lbs, quick , strong, ballhawking and a great return man. Plus he has a mean streak and is a boxer. I see him turning out to be a John Lynch type player.

brianw37

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
His job as a FS is to "cover for jd's butt"...so I fail to see how thats an excuse.

no his job is mostly playing center field, we mostly go cover 1 and he has to cover that zone not play over the top of jd. him playing over the top of jd is the reason we had a huge void in the center field. i can remembe countless plays when he(jb) would run back to his spot on the field trying to play catch up. we play alot cover 1 with man coverage underneath. the problem is our corners have to be able to cover for this to work. both of them not just mm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread